40k Ork Mini-Stompa "Raidah-bot"

fcschmidt

This is a project I've been working off and on for a few months. I friend of mine had given me a old beat up land raider... I was looking to build an Ork Battlewagon. I looked online for some ideas and ran across the Russbot which inspired me to build this... may I present the Ork Raidah-bot! A giant robot built from a salvaged space marine land raider.

Photo04260137.jpg

The feet are of course from the land raider... body is mostly the land raider body built up to box with plasticard (that was a challenge to make it fit!). The shoulders are the land raider's sponsons, designed so a Big Mek with a force field could stand up there... the head is the cap of a pill bottle. Lots of bits and plasticard.

Photo04260137_2.jpg

The back side has the orkified land raider engine. The tank is a candy container my son generously donated to the project. More plasticard and plastic tubes.

Photo04260137_1.jpg

Photo04260137_3.jpg

Photo04260138.jpg

The Nylon Gag's amazing scratchbuilt space ship inspired me to add some more fine details. I found a tutorial online on how to make cable bundles, and I just happened to have bought really thin wire that I thought would end up being useless... turns out it was perfect for making cable bundles! I added cabling to the engine and the back of the Kannon.

Photo04260138_2.jpg

Photo04260140.jpg

Photo04260139.jpg

I love how the gatling gun turned out. Initially the back of it was just a box, but some more inspiration online led me to add the ammo drum which really makes it, I think. Also the arm weapons are attached with magnets so can be swapped out later if I'd like (and also allows them to rotate! fun!)

The Raidah-bot will use the rules for a Battlewagon, With a Kannon, belly gun is a kill-kannon, and the gatling gun will count as 4 added big-shootas.

Next stop... paint!

Thanks for reading!

Love it....thats enough to make any Ork Mek dead proud, in fact i'm thinking of starting my own little Waagh! and this makes me all the more keen to give em a go.

TTFN

Latest posts

Back