3Q Models Melusine

Lincoln Wright

cimg8692a.jpg

3Q Models Panzer Kampf Anzug Ausf M “Melusine” all done!

The Strahl Techs were in a little hurry on this one, they forgot the fuel cap cover and seem to have spilled a little. :D

Just on a month of little snippets of “free time’ here and there to do this one and perhaps not a bad target. Very much impressed with the genius of the Melusine design. Of course I’ve always liked how they look but it wasn’t until making one that I feel I can understand the shapes and geometry more and it certainly doesn’t hurt that it seems to be the biggest of the suit models, very cool.

Full custom build from the box, with all joints replaced and hand sculpted with Tamiya Putty -Quick type and fixed in pose. I replaced the hand with one from another kit, both to have one with a little more of a natural pose and because I wanted something bigger. Much bigger! I’ll make another with the standard hand but for this one, I wanted to try one with Gorilla Grip!

Usual routines for the finish, Mr. Color and Gaia Notes lacquer paints in custom mixes over a dark gray base from a rattle can. Weathering with enamels, oils, acrylics and some pigments.

Groundwork is made up of plaster and the contents from the shake and heat bags that my wife loves as hand-warmers in her coats in the winter. Painted and weathered with acrylics again.

Hope you like this one!

Lin.K

Full series here; http://www.scale120.com/?p=2331

cimg8695a.jpg

cimg8694a.jpg

cimg8701a.jpg

cimg8699a.jpg

cimg8708a.jpg

That is fantastic. You nailed it.

I am planning on building this for the 30days comp over at MK. It's an awesome box of kit.

thanks guys, it's a great kit, highly recommended - by others, not just me! :D

Much easier to put together than both the Fliege and Kauz and very chunky too, very heavy looking power armour.

Cheers,

Linc

I'm really diggin this one buddy, great build.
The paintwork/weathering is fan flippin tastic. the spilt fuel is so choice. I'm pinch'n that ;)
Everything about this one screams Maschinen 8) 8)

I'm really looking forward to putting mine together.
This has always been one of my favorite suit designs.

Latest posts

Back