30 CWT CHEVROLET LRDG TRUCK

MrT

I have been kinda side tracked working a LRDG truck from Tamiya. I replaced the guns with some taken from a WNW DH9. Added some lead foil, copper wire and now I am all finished. Here are some pictures of the finished product. Comments and questions are welcome and thanks for looking.

Terry 8)

DSC07960.jpg

DSC07961.jpg

DSC07962.jpg

DSC07963.jpg

DSC07964.jpg

DSC07965.jpg

DSC07966.jpg

DSC07967.jpg

DSC07968.jpg

DSC07969.jpg

DSC07970.jpg

DSC07971.jpg

Fantastic fine paint, weathering and details 8)

Oh man I'm so jealous I want this kit so badly, that is out standing terry love the details

spud said:
Oh man I'm so jealous I want this kit so badly, that is out standing terry love the details

I have been wanting to do this one for a long time too. It's hard to find one and not pay and arm and a leg to get it, but I finally got one. It was fun to do and it's not a bad kit for it's age. Stick with it you will get one yet.

Thanks spud!!

8)

Stunning...the level of detail is amazing you've got to really pull it out the bag to top this..such a small part but for the rifles what do u use for the straps they look sweet

i built one of these a a fair few years ago after meeting some of the guys from the LRDG at beltring military show. its a great little kit although it is beginning to show its age, the only thing that i have noticed with it is that the genuine rubber tyres sometimes split over the years, so you might want to keep an eye out for that.

well done mate, great work there

Tamiya just re-released this one Terry so it will be easier to get hold off in a few weeks. :)

geegad said:
Stunning...the level of detail is amazing you've got to really pull it out the bag to top this..such a small part but for the rifles what do u use for the straps they look sweet

Thanks gee!!! The straps are made of lead foil.

Terry 8)

Jimi said:
i built one of these a a fair few years ago after meeting some of the guys from the LRDG at beltring military show. its a great little kit although it is beginning to show its age, the only thing that i have noticed with it is that the genuine rubber tyres sometimes split over the years, so you might want to keep an eye out for that.

well done mate, great work there

Thanks Jimi!! Yes they are very soft and easy to damage. I will keep an eye on them.

Terry 8)

spud said:
Tamiya just re-released this one Terry so it will be easier to get hold off in a few weeks. :)

ARRRRGGGG DAMN!! This always happens to me!!!!

Well then I will be looking for your build.

Terry ;)

It's out here in North America....and we are always the last to get new or re-released kits, so I would be surprised if it wasn't available in Europe already.

Yours looks great Mr. T!

I have one of the white box ones in my stash somewhere.

Elm City Hobbies said:
It's out here in North America....and we are always the last to get new or re-released kits, so I would be surprised if it wasn't available in Europe already.

Yours looks great Mr. T!

I have one of the white box ones in my stash somewhere.

Hmmmm makes one wonder what Dragon is doing???? Tamiya trying to get the jump on things.

Thanks!

Terry 8)

There was question about the rifle straps earlier. I made them out of lead foil. Here is a picture without paint.

DSC07719.jpg

Terry 8)

spud said:

Good to know. I have an original in the stash but I want another then maybe I'll actually start building it ;D

Ohm said:
spud said:

Good to know. I have an original in the stash but I want another then maybe I'll actually start building it ;D

I look forward to seeing yours as well.

8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back