3 Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Test run

ulvdemon

This was my first time building and painting anything from the GamesWorkshop line. I wanted to see what it would be like. Alot of fun, but definitely takes some skill to paint such small figures. Will give it another try in the future. Please let me know what you think:

009.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

First of all try to focus your picture, it's all blury...
We can't tell you if you're on the right way of success in painting your figures.

Have you tried to make some set as "MACRO" on your APN ?
Or with a neutral background...

It's not that difficult to paint this kind of scale, really. All you need to do is practice...

Blame the iPhone, I will try to take a picture again with a different camera tonight/tomorrow.

Well, try some set up, a neutral (grey or light blue would be perfect, try some sheets, paper or fabric) background would be a Plus.

And there's always a way to cut your frame afterward. You don't need the all picture here.

Youli's on the right track for the pics.
Even a blank sheet of paper will force the camera to focus on the figures, rather than on what's behind them

Working on getting a something to use as a background so the camera can focus on the figures. Only had time to try again, n time to edit or crop the images, so hopefully this looks better. If not, I will scratch the whole thread and start over.

100_2333.jpg

100_2336.jpg

100_2337.jpg

Good.
:)

Now concerning the gigures : it's only a first step, right ?

Oh yeah, very basic first step. First time painting figures like this and using acrylics. Just wanted to see if I could do a decent start and learn from there. Plus this is a side project in between working on my MF. My planw as to practice on these three and then go from there once I have a more skill in painting minis.

Space Marines...Cool. Good first steps, and definitely better pics.
Paint, paint, paint.....it's the only way to get better. Good Luck! Bill

Thanks. I may strip these down and try again. This time by watering down the paint a little more so it isn't so thick.

Latest posts

Back