1931 Ford Rat Rod

Big-John

Ok, this is something a little different for me. It’s been over 25 years since I built a car model. I’ve been strictly armor and figures.

However, Thanks to a certain individual here in the forums, I kinda have an itching to build a rat rod.

My father and I restored 5 old car and trucks, so I am very familiar with the old Fords. We restored a 1931 Model A pick up (which I still have), a 1931 Model A coup, a 1929 Model A roadster, a 1935 Ford Pickup (which I still have) and a 1949 Ford Pick up. We also rebuilt a 1941 Ford pick up, (it was in a pile of parts when dad bought it).

This is the kit I just picked up today. It’s a 1931 Model A. Plans are to chop it and slam it to the ground.

I still have a ton of research to do, so please stay tuned!

IMG_0326_zps5c48b4f9.jpg

Ok, this is odd.....I was just searching eBay for a 31 ford for exactly this purpose. Just this minute.

Bookmarked!

Some people you just cant trust John ,there is some very bad ones about that will lure you away to do the oddest of things ;D ;D ;D

Cool project ...looking forward to it ;)

Scott ,Revell do the same 31 ford in a different box ;)

Chris.

Yeah , I ve seen three versions...is this monogram the exact same kit? ...same sprues? Can't be right?

Looking for whatever has the badassest engine.

It is the same kit mate ,even down to the decal on the front number plate :)

Hey Scott, I'll try and get some sprue shots up tonight. This one only has the Model A 4 cylinder engine in the kit, So i'm looking for a replacement.

So far I've been looking at the boddy trying to figure out how to chop it. If I botch it up I'll get a Jimmy Flintstone body, LOL

Revell, Monogram...all the same thing, its just that Revell and Monogram at one time were 2 separate companies, Revell purchased Monogram many years ago, and now when the re-release a kit that was originally a Monogram kit, they label it as such.

Yip ...Thats the same kit as Revell :) ...I like the way they do the whitewalls ,it works well :)

Chris.

With the exception of a sprue or 2, and the white walls for the tires, it looks like it would be very similar to this ages old kit:

index.jpg

Got that in the stash, built the Delivery many moons ago, the roadster is built and long waiting paint, and the Sedan still sits in the box.

Would also be the same kit as these boxings:

VMM-CC-REM-2169.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!g0E7ShTkF5UBP!gggI5Fg~~60_57.JPG

Here's a little more inspiration ;D ;D ;D

ratfinish010.jpg

DO IT .....DO IT .....DO IT ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LMAO CS, I have that build bookmarked and read through it last night.............. ;D

I also picked up some super clean last night and I'm gonna strip the chrome off of the shinny parts today

Cool :) ...there's also my 34 ford pickup thread if its any use to you ;)

Chris.

Oh yeah, you got a link handy?

I'm going out side to strip.................................................Chrome ;D

Latest posts

Back