120mm WW2 RAF PILOT IN ARMCHAIR

helldiver

Styrene Addict
Don't do figures and have never worked with resin but there is something about the character that appealed to me. Will be scouring the boards for hints and tips. Hope the craic is good!
DSCF0126.jpg

-pilot-in-armchair-120mm-scale--284-pekm400x300ekm.jpg

There is an sbs in the hints and tips section on face painting by Chris, looks like ai cool figure,

Another from the wee Island ;D ...we're taking over ,they just have'nt realized yet ....lol

Anyhoo ,that is a nice piece ,waiting to see how you get on with it . Need any advice just ask ;)

Oh yeah ...you need a Black dog to sit beside the chair ;D

Chris.

Progress has been hindered by my inexperience with filling and sanding resin, together with a paranoia of obliterating detail :-[ Was easy enough on the chair but the figure itself had more pinholes than I initially thought.... Would like to see primer on soon.
DSCF0138.jpg
DSCF0137.jpg
DSCF0136.jpg

Just a quick update. Layed down some Gunze grey and sure enough :eek: I find some pin holes that I didn't know existed! :p Fill n' sand, fill n' sand..... Aidan
DSCF0139.jpg
DSCF0140.jpg

helldiver said:
Just a quick update. Layed down some Gunze grey and sure enough :eek: I find some pin holes that I didn't know existed! :p Fill n' sand, fill n' sand..... Aidan

That is the problem with resin kits, just when you think you have them taken care of, bamm there is another little bubble...

Keep at her, I want to see what this looks like when it is done!

so ? where is this one gonna fit in the big scheme of things...??? Diorama ?

Looking forward to see it come alive (paint)

keep up the good work... "Clean up" is a big job isn't it ???

Many thanks for the word of encouragement gents. Yes, cleanup was/is a bigger job than I imagined. Normally build WWII props so this is a way off centre for me. Doesn't really fit anywhere else, so assumed it had to go into "Diorama" category. Aidan

Was getting a bit frustrated with my own lack of skill of filling and cleaning that I decided to put some paint down. Again frustrated with the face which is not near finished. Just posting pics to keep myself focused and add some peer pressure on myself. Vallejo Bronze Green for the armchair, quick covering coat for starters. :) Aidan
DSCF0142.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

Looks like a good start Aiden , keep at it ;)

Chris.

The color helps bring out the details. If you don't put some paint down, you won't find the problems.

Painting up faces is one of the reasons I haven't tried to paint a figure yet.

Latest posts

Back