120mm Verlinden "Bandits 2 O'Clock B-17 Gunner"

Jeeves

Haven't been in the Sheep's Pen as much as I'd like between loads of work at school, nice weather, another horse in the field, and a little PS3 thrown in. Plus...after 23 years of playing drums, I've had a little inkling to add some guitar to my repertoire...so just pickd up an acoustic today to start learning on...

Been plugging away at this one...figure went together great and I am taking my time since it is my first large scale one...started a bit of Mig Productions Dark Wash...still have to play around with the leather a bit and start adding the buckle detail...and a touch up on the Mae West where the masking pulled it up...but you can sort of get the idea where I am going ;)
007%7E8.jpg
006%7E10.jpg

The hull part for the waist position is causing me fits though. I was trying to add sheet styrene outside so I could give Archer's raised detail rivets a go, but ran into some issues with the middle section...so it is getting the acetone treatment to hopefully give it attempt #2...
005%7E12.jpg

Don't thy stick to the paint? So primer details paint..?

Yeah they do...but I didn't like what Verlinden had attempted to do for the rivets...so the sheet styrene was a good idea from someone else...I just failed in the execution ;). I'll get it sorted out though...

Looking great Mike!! I like the bigger figs!! Looks like you have it all under control now!! Keep it going!!

Looking very nice indeed :)

i love this figure and im looking forward to seeing it all come together

Good start to this large scale figure. Lots of room for detailing here.
I'd rather gun from here than the ball turret. Saw a documentary that had a damaged B17 coming
in for a landing. Hydraulics gone, belly landing, unable to raise ball turret. Tragedy.
Bill

Latest posts

Back