1/60 Armorcast Battletech Mad Cat (Timber Wolf)

Joe Huff

I decided to take up modeling again. It's been a long time, almost 8 months without doing anything but look at my desk. Paramedic school is tough but I breaks are always good...I'm starting to figure that out. The mech is almost done, finish the panel lines, jewel the lasers, paint the missiles, dull and it's done. I bought this mech back when Armorcast was still producing them. It's been painted and stripped 3 different times and now I got it the way I want it. It's painted in Clan Ghost Bear colors, Delta Galaxy. Painted, decaled, detailed, and then sat for over 2 years. I have that problem, I get all the way to almost finishing a model and then lose interest. Now it's time to dust it off and finish it.

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag330/JosephHuff_27/20140513_212416_zpsl99mtvob.jpg

Hopefully this picture works

Joe -

Cool kit, I didn't even know they made these. I used to play a ton of MechWarrior when I was a kid, haven't in ages though.

They produced a Atlas, Elemental (now being produced by IWM), a vulture (mad dog) and misc weapon attachments to customize to your specifications. Unfortunately in 2007 they lost the rights to produce them due to wizkids going under and the new company didn't want to renew the contract. Joyride studios made a run of mechs back in 2003 for a while. They're good figures but not on the same level of detail as Armorcast.

Ok…I've been trying to figure out how to paste pictures to the form. By chance, can anyone give me an idea how to do that without using some alternate link/website (Photobucket), and just paste into the form?

Joe Huff said:
Ok…I've been trying to figure out how to paste pictures to the form. By chance, can anyone give me an idea how to do that without using some alternate link/website (Photobucket), and just paste into the form?

You can't just paste them into the form, but you need to paste the URL to the image. The easiest way is to press the image button on the form, and then paste the URL to the image into your message. For example, if I use

Code:
[ATTACH=full]62810[/ATTACH]

it will include your image directly into the post
20140513_212416_zpsl99mtvob.jpg

Unfortunately, Armorcast no longer makes the battlemechs anymore. You can sometimes get lucky on eBay and find one. They will be super expensive. They made a Atlas, MadCat(Timber Wolf), and a Vulture(Mad Dog). They’re some guys that still scratch build and some that print battlemechs. You could visit the Battlemechclub.com, and look at the different kinds of mechs that are offered.

It has been over a year since I last added anything about the Madcat. School is done and I now have the time to work on stuff. Only 2 hours of work to finish it, but it was close to over 2.5 years when I started it.

20150630_090555_zps4nsb2dhv.jpg.html

Latest posts

Back