1/48th Scale Saturn 1b.

Steven

Glue Member
For the next build I've procured this kit from the same defunct manufacturer, Sheri's Hot Rockets. I've also used the same source to purchase more drawings from David Weeks. IMG_0001 (46).JPGIMG_0001 (47).JPGIMG_0002 (17).JPG
Yes this is designed to fly as well.

IMG_0003 (2).JPG
The eight fuel tubes are roughly about two thirds the diameter of a full tube. The manufacturer did this to save weight. Styrene wraps, engine tube, resin CM and LES, cardboard SLA four plywood bulkheads, main body tube, SM tube, decals, pattern sheets, directions, a full size plan and assorted detail pieces takes care of this kit. Much of it I will replace with 3D printed parts as I did on the Saturn V.

View attachment 1452
The eight fuel tubes are roughly about two thirds the diameter of a full tube. The manufacturer did this to save weight. Styrene wraps, engine tube, resin CM and LES, cardboard SLA four plywood bulkheads, main body tube, SM tube, decals, pattern sheets, directions, a full size plan and assorted detail pieces takes care of this kit. Much of it I will replace with 3D printed parts as I did on the Saturn V.
Hi, how did the build go? And the 3D parts? Can the fuel tank tubes be replaced w a whole tube?
I may have a lead on a kit for sale but want to know what I’m getting into
Thanks
Joe

Hi, how did the build go? And the 3D parts? Can the fuel tank tubes be replaced w a whole tube?
I may have a lead on a kit for sale but want to know what I’m getting into
Thanks
Joe
I haven't started on this one yet. I'm guessing that by going to full tubes, they might extend beyond the original diameter of the first stage.

Latest posts

Back