1/48 Tamiya P-47D Razorback

redraider56

Like my P-51, this P-47 is being built as part of a group build on another forum. The Mustang is sitting idle cuz I'm still waiting for a package from Ultracast that contains replacement parts I need for it before continuing the painting. So, I got a good start on the Razorback today. This is being built out of the box except for a pilot seat from Ultracast. Here's a couple shots of the cockpit. I managed to get her closed up today too, and should have most of the major assembly done tomorrow

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

the P-47 was a excelent fighter, though it did not perform like the P-51 it had several advantages over it, i prefer the P-51 but if i didnt have the choice of the P-51 the Jug would be my second pick.

though it is not as agile or as fast, it is a good enough performer to do the job, ESPECUALLY FOR ITS SIZE! the Jug was probably the Most durable single engine fighter of the war, and if it dives, your not catching it, it picks up speed so fast in a dive, and can dive at such high speeds, NOTHING OUT DIVES A JUG!!! in fact sometimes it dove too well! its powerful R-2800 Wasp Double row radial engine creates 2,000hp Full throttle, and later variants even more, i think later P-47Ds cranked out about 2,450hp with water injection and could go about 435mph

Great start on your build. The P47D is my next build. Hope I can keep getting ideas from your build.

Ok that's a wee bit super friggin awesome!

Those instruments - are they paint with a toothpick, dry brush, decals, some strange microscopic alien race that painted that???

Haha thanks guys

Scott, the instrument panel was done with the decal from the kit. My normal technique for IPs is drybrushing (see my P-51) but since the decal was included I thought I might give it a go.

Also, look for this Jug and my Mustang to be done sometime next week

The detail is excellent on this buddy ,love the instrument panel ,nicely done . Engine looks great too

I like Jugs !! p47's that is ...lol :eek:

Chris.

Yawwwnnnn....got some work done on this bird for the first time in awhile. I may get some pics up later, I plumbed and detailed the landing gear yesterday

redraider56 said:
Yawwwnnnn....got some work done on this bird for the first time in awhile. I may get some pics up later, I plumbed and detailed the landing gear yesterday

cant wait to see, your details are usually quite impressive.

Latest posts

Back