1/48 Revell B-25J

Thank you Gents,

Hopefully this weekend I can get the interior buttoned up and get the fuselage halves together. Working on the bombs and bomb racks right now plus there is still stuff to do in the tail gunner's section so we'll see what happens.

Excellent interior decorating. The greenish color looks great on top of that metal coat - definitely adds so much more realism!

This is pure awesomeness, interior is killer, love that bird.

Cheers!

Gentlemen,

I have come to the conclusion that this was maybe to much of a project for me to handle upon returning to the hobby. Construction was going smoothly until it was time to clean up the seams and I got a little heavy handed with the sanding sticks, lost a lot of detail around the seams. Plus there are huge gaps between the engine nacelles and the wings that I can't quite figure how I want to fill yet ( I'm leaning toward plastic card instead of stretched sprue ). So I've ordered some scribing templates and tool for future use and have decided to put the project on hold and work on kits that maybe don't require so much TLC. To make the model look right I'm going to need to rescribe the whole thing and that's way more effort than I wanted to put into it right now. For the time being the B-25 will be a shelf queen until I can revisit her with a better skill set than I have at the moment.

Dont let it get ya down Holden, fantastic work so far. I'm sure you'll bring this thing to life yet!

rookie said:
Dont let it get ya down Holden, fantastic work so far. I'm sure you'll bring this thing to life yet!

Not feeling down at all ;D. I learned a lot of good stuff working on this kit so far that I can now use on other kits. I have some 1/72 aircraft kits in the stash that would require a lot less time and effort but would look great on the display shelf. Even though I made some mistakes gluing and cleaning up seams I learned from it and with better fitting kits I'm sure it will go a lot more smoothly.

Btw I threw my tube glue out to the garbage and got a bottle Tenex and a touch n flow applicator plus a small brush to do my gluing now.

Evening Holden,
Did'cha take any pictures, before you parked her?
Maybe we could help.
The interior was looking the bomb, Mano.

for the engine nacell gap i used some Clamp (tool)and applied quite alot of presure and it whent down like a charm barely had a gap after!

plus on a raised panel line kit you best trick is to use putty but DONT sand it rub it with nail polish remover it will save your raised details!

I nice glue to have also is Tamiya Extra thin it a capilary action monster !

I've got 5 or 6 kits in the stash now I can choose from and I'm just surfing the www to get some idea's or just build one of them OOB. Plus I have a package on the way from Sprue Brothers with some tools and finishing stuff ( no kits ) so I might be returning to the B-25 very soon. To be honest I really don't want the kit to languish on the shelf in the basement when it would look much better on the display shelf in my den. ;D

Working on the same build. You did a great job here...the detail work really stands out. I liked the kit....a bit scared of the aluminum paint scheme so I optioned for Olive Drab on the whole model. Did you go custom on your decals? My set was a bit "vanilla" compared to your workup. The window work looks great. I tried hand painting but age has tempered my ability on that and moving foward will need to use tape ups to keep the lines dressed nice and tight.

Really nice work here...

Latest posts

Back