1/48 Helldiver SB2C-4 Accurate Miniatures.

Scarface1967

This is hands down the most detailed kit I have ever finished. This was a blast to build. I have a couple of Avengers that I have started and they are probably better kits than the Helldiver.

P4140534.jpg

P4140535.jpg

P4140540.jpg

P4140536.jpg

Yip ,does indeed look the part :) ,nice scheme too . I think Revell are popping this kit out now ?

Chris.

The Helldiver kit is originally from Monogram and then was reboxed by Accurate Minatures. I think Revell may be re-releasing this kit.

Nice work. I have that kit in the stash but all those windows scare me! Nice lookin' build for sure.

The kit was originally released under ProModeler and Revell has re-released it under the ProModeler banner.

Great job painting her in the Atlantic scheme...good to see something different...you pulled it off well!

Jeeves said:
Great job painting her in the Atlantic scheme...good to see something different...you pulled it off well!

Agreed.

Good job on this kit!

This is just me. I was put off by AM's instruction manual because I like to see the illustrations and not having to read it as a novel to construct a kit. I am glad Revell will be re-releasing this kit.

Thx for the comments gents.... I agree with Boxter... the instructions were at times a little misleading because of the cartoonish visuals... I found the written directions morer understandable. The same can be said with the Avenger kit.

Nicely done- she looks good in gray! The only kit problem I had with mine was that the front windshield framing details were soft. Bullet21, Eduard masks are the greatest thing to ever hit the hobby. Bring on moar windows! ;D

Eduard masks are great, as long as you can get them on in the right place.

The canopy will be a pain in the rear to mask, I remember squashing me Zero, F6F and too many others to mention, while masking them. Maybe if I do a panel a day! LOL

PharmPony said:
The Helldiver kit is originally from Monogram and then was reboxed by Accurate Minatures. I think Revell may be re-releasing this kit.

redraider56 said:
The kit was originally released under ProModeler and Revell has re-released it under the ProModeler banner.

Thanks, gentlemen, I did not know that Accurate Miniatures had reboxed the ProModeler kit. I always figured it was a tooling original to AM.

Scarface, I love your finish, and I also like your choice of Atlantic markings. I have both the old Monogram and the newer ProModeler boxing, and I'm thinking that one of them will be an Atlantic bird. Well done on your finish!

Latest posts

Back