1/32 Moebius Viper Mk II - Just started

ohbejuan

Just getting started. But holy injector pin marks Batman! There will be much putty and sanding.

A56839ED-FD6A-477A-9474-7E03922D1137.jpeg

You won't be able to see those after assembly ... or I'm not understanding ?

So… here is what happened. I bought one of these Moebius Vipers on eBay. I went back the next day to see if it had shipped… and there was nothing in my purchase history. So I bought another one.

And then two kits showed up. What is interesting they are not the same. One of them has resin figure and the other styrene.

851FC1E6-CBC5-498B-B6A4-5C90E1051D38.jpeg

The resin one has better detail and proportions but the styrene one has an option for female (Starbuck). I am going to prime them both and decide later.

Oh and both kits were missing the same part. So I had to kit bash the display in the cockpit. FA47A231-0199-4561-B110-937E3C853115.jpeg

I've built a couple of these. They look really good once finished.
Mine all had the resin pilot, though

I've built a couple of these. They look really good once finished.
Mine all had the resin pilot, though
Did you ever build either the Revell or the Moebius Viper Mk I? If so I have a question. I have the reveal one, and I am planning on painting instead of using the decals for the stripes. I have seen people list the color as insignia red, but it seems a little orangey to me. If you have been in this situation, what color did you use?

Did you ever build either the Revell or the Moebius Viper Mk I? If so I have a question. I have the reveal one, and I am planning on painting instead of using the decals for the stripes. I have seen people list the color as insignia red, but it seems a little orangey to me. If you have been in this situation, what color did you use?
Have the Moebius one in a box, somewhere. Built the Revell one as a Scarlet Viper.

And Insignia Red is what I used, if I remember right.
Needed it for the stripe around the nose, and it matched up fairly well to the decals for me.

This was a few years ago, though

Well, I sanded it a second time and it was a bit worse. So third time is the charm? Gonna let this sit until the morning. 369B24FB-24DC-4123-B1C9-AC6252618134.jpeg

depends on the paint you are using

If using Tamiya, I would mix some Hull Red and Flat Red together. Hull red by itself is too dark, and Flat Red is too Red. Start with the Flat Red and mix in Hull Red until it looks right

The painting went poorly.
F4CA649C-E0DF-4ACC-BAE8-A17F3C8270A3.jpeg

After looking at stripping solutions, I decided to start over. I have a se one copy of this kit, and I saved a few parts I liked.

image.jpg

Sorry to hear about the paint job. Did you spray paint the model during unsuitable temperature?

Chipping can be tricky to get right, likely part of why I've never seriously tried it.
Rest of it looks decent, though

Latest posts

Back