1/24 Tamiya Honda City Cabriolet (hover conversion)

Ah it all makes sense now!
I am painfully ignorant to F1, lol. Super impressive drivers, I just don't watch any televised sporting events besides the Olympics, and that's a really loose exception.

THIS VIDEO HAS FLASHING LIGHTS, be careful if you are epileptic.

Engine and bay lighting test looks good... I did have to scrap the switch, for whatever reason it was making a weak connection, so now it's going to be a battery in (on), battery out (off) system, because it's so tiny...
I'm kind of at a standstill again figuring out how I'm going to add a relay for thrusters, and if the tiny headlamp LEDs are worth it.

Love that LED effect!
Thanks!

I actually did find an old LED tea light, CR2032 powered so I have a fully functional switch that is soldered in and just needs mounting!

And then I still have to figure where to run wires for the thrusters... This car is inconveniently small, lol.

Switch is good, and mounted. Going to reinforce it with some putty...
Everything is soldered in, but my thrusters aren't getting power.

My initial thought was amperage supplied by the single 2032... But now I'm wondering if one of the leads on a cheap resistor broke inside some electrical tape somewhere...

The thruster issue is voltage drop... I think I can fit a second power supply in here to put proper voltage to thrusters.
I think. Haven't fully checked fitment of the single supply...

We are going with an extremely loud and childish paint scheme on this. I have some reservations about it, but I think it'll work with the purple/gold thrusters.

Switch is mounted, second battery added (no way the back seat will fit now... but we don't need back seats where we're going!)

I was not gentile in my handling of this body while masking, painting, or removing the masking tape.

IMG_20220712_222719.jpg
But we have blue accents with no issues! (well aside from one or two fuzzy masking edges because I had a little struggle getting tape out of the body lines when I was trimming before spraying blue )
IMG20220713210604.jpg

I can post some updates on the chassis too. Pictured is the 3V switch I was able to salvage from an old tea light, you can see I still need to paint my epoxy putty black as its still unnatural green.
IMG20220719102917.jpg
IMG20220719102838.jpg

At this point I have to paint and mount the driver to continue the chassis, and the body needs detailing. So far I've got the windshield collar and the vinyl top mount point at the top of the windshield painted matte black. I'll have to slap some more masking tape on it and do my best to channel a steady hand to continue.

And yes... My wiring is pure madness. For the vast majority of it primary colors a positive current... but I ran out of scrap wire and there is one large primary current green wire, lol. I did use all three primary colors in this wiring rig too (ʘ ʖ̯ ʘ)

I keep building myself into corners on this... I can't complain too much though because it's forcing me to stop (even if I feel like I'm on a roll) and giving me opportunity to come back with fresh eyes multiple times over on this.
Here's a fun scale check! A Properly scaled 1:24 driver next to this 1:24 Honda to show how small it is.
IMG_20220719_143054.jpg

So far I've got a pretty good flesh foundation, and have added varnish. Next is facial features, lol.
IMG20220720204749.jpg

I'm nearly done painting the driver.

IMG20220726080552.jpg
I made a whoopsie in order of assembly on the fig, and fixed the issue... but not elegantly in my opinion.
I may fab more details so I don't have to let my eyes fixate on it.

I would absolutely welcome input from anyone on how to add pupils/irises to a fig this small. (゚ヮ゚)

I created a gap by putting the skirt on after assembling the top and bottom halves.
I fixed it well enough, but it stands out to me because it was my mistake, lol.

I'm nearly done painting the driver.

View attachment 92530
I made a whoopsie in order of assembly on the fig, and fixed the issue... but not elegantly in my opinion.
I may fab more details so I don't have to let my eyes fixate on it.

I would absolutely welcome input from anyone on how to add pupils/irises to a fig this small. (゚ヮ゚)
First this is downright wicked! I’ve been wanting to try one of these builds for years but lack the science fiction imagination. As far as the eyes go, I’d put googles on her and call it done! But I’m not so skilled with humans.

First this is downright wicked! I’ve been wanting to try one of these builds for years but lack the science fiction imagination. As far as the eyes go, I’d put googles on her and call it done! But I’m not so skilled with humans.
So far I've just left the eyes white because your have to get REALLY close for it to look weird.

And I can always just pretend
michelle rodriguez star GIF

Lol

Assembly is coming along. Some mishaps and my first tie trying a lot of things have made the chances of this being a clean build drop to 0 percent, lol.
At first the issue was just: Using enough glue to make the windscreen stick, even though it barely makes contact (yay cabriolet!) so clearly we can't have a clean windscreen.
IMG20220806183529.jpg
The next mishap was also glue related!! I glued my tiny LEDs to the plastic posts of the headlamps... only to find that there isn't enough surface contact on the headlamp edge for bonding with glue (now we have a hazy/white passenger side headlamp). Then my LED mount point being my only feasible glue point caused the LED to fall off into the engine bay... no way it's fishing back through the front of the car.
IMG20220806220426.jpg

These LEDs are going to be part of the rear seat battery pack replacement now. (no pictures of that yet.) but you can see where I made extra space for the real battery pack causing the need for a scratch-built/bashed back seat sized battery.
IMG20220806181817.jpg
So far these issues would've been repairable if I had planned my order of operations a little better (I did say there are a lot of firsts in this build for me, lol. At least I'm learning?)

The fuselage is assembled, detailed, and installed. pictures before the install:
IMG20220803193926.jpg
At this point you may be thinking "THAT COFFEE CUP IS NOT TO SCALE!" to which I say:
You don't know my life.

lol.

Opposite side
IMG20220803193942.jpg
Details no one will ever see again:
IMG20220803193848.jpg
(it's shoes)
IMG20220803193907.jpg

After some more body detailing I'll be on to fixing the thrusters to mostly uniform angles, then undercarriage greebles, and then... Back to playing with electro magnets.
IMG20220804214341.jpg
IMG20220804214408.jpg

Yeah , she either has some super strong wrists or that's a hover-mug like the car , lol .
So are you going to dirty the car up to match the windshield ?

Latest posts

Back