1/24 MPC/Airfix JU 87B

fightnjoe

i keep turning up....just like a bad penny....
This is part 2 of biting off more than I can chew.

BoxArt_zps7sdmsd6p.jpg

This will be my tribute to the late Dan Jayne. This will be constructed as a cut away build and I will attempt to present it in a style that he did.

Stay tuned folks.

Joe

The prep work begins.

The first step is to decide where to make the cuts. What do I want to show on this. i sat and stared at the kit for several hours over several days before I felt comfortable enough to mark out the sections with a sharpie. Next is some actual fabrication. Using sections of a large styrene sign I rough cut and then fine tuned the bulkheads from the rear of the cockpit to the tail.

Beginning-3_zpsrlqyq485.jpg
Beginning-2_zps0tbm3fsv.jpg
Beginning-3_zpsrlqyq485.jpg
Beginning-1_zpsvic3mzc9.jpg
Bulkheads-1_zps0otnz9mp.jpg

My next step will be to overcome that fear and actually cut into the plastic to open up the sections.

Not much yet but all comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

It has been a while

How about I bring this back to the bench.

First up is to take a good look at the kit parts. The interior looks pretty dang good actually.

Kit-Interior-1_zpszhax6o9e.jpg
Kit-Interior-2_zpshrgt3crz.jpg

I am thinking I will go with this for the most part. There is a bit I want to cut off to open it up a bit and I do want to add just a bit.

More soon I hope. This is back and ready to be worked on.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Many thanks Brother Ski, appreciate it.

Before I can really get into the detailing on the interior of the fuselage I need to prep the interior of the fuselage a bit.

The tail is framed, this may not be accurate but it does match up with the rivets on the exterior. The stringers are also in. Still a touch more to do but nearly ready.

Fuselage-1_zpsaxe6ik3a.jpg

Sorry just one picture this time around.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Coming along sweet like, if yaz knowz what I'z meanin. Just finished the desks, so bunker time after canning summer fruit, Yehaaaaaaaaaaa!

Cheers, SKi.

Looking good so far. Very ambitious project for sure and a nice trib to Dan. 👍🏻🍻

Brother Ski that is good news. Look forward to seeing you at the bench again.

Bullit I hope so.

Many thanks to both of you.

Joe

Latest posts

Back