1/100 U-VII C U-Boat

I saw a couple of papermods on ebay this morn. Iam thinkin of giving one a crack.
There was a ship (HMAS Sydney ) Jagdpanther and some 1/1 scale guns.

Just wondering Papermodder, if you use a specific type of glue or would any water
based type of glue work on papermods ?

Iam thinkin of buildin the tank, as the ship looked a wee bit daunting :-\

Hi Bdr65.
I use mostly Aleene's clear tacky glue, but you can use any white pva glue.

Before you spend any money on a kit, Try one of the free ones that are around the net first. There are lots, and of all genres.

Jim

Papermodder said:
Hi Bdr65.
I use mostly Aleene's clear tacky glue, but you can use any white pva glue.

Before you spend any money on a kit, Try one of the free ones that are around the net first. There are lots, and of all genres.

Jim

Good idea, Thanks Jim.

Hello.
We are getting close.
Spent the day working on the antenna rigging. It's almost finished.

Rigging2_zps53cc8104.jpg

I originally wanted the "Y" in front of the conning tower to be continuous, but maid the loop too large and had to cut it back. That just made attaching the forward run just a little more problematic.
The lead in cable was made from 2 strands of thread to make it smaller, and added a connection loop to the driven element which was missing from the instructions. Balls of CA were added to simulate insulators. and the forward cable port was added to the tower.

More Views.

Rigging3_zps4c9215b4.jpg

Rigging4_zpscd3b01b4.jpg

Rigging5_zpsc0c96dfb.jpg

Have more detail to add to these antenna yet.

Have a good evening.

Jim

Short update.
Just tending to a few final touches and she will be finished. I love how she is turning out. This is the highest detailed model I have ever done. Plus added some of my own to heighten it.
Should have some pics for you tomorrow. 8)

Happy building.

Jim

Looking the Part Jim!!! Line look great so far! Can't wait for the end shots!!!

Hello fellow modelers.
The Type VII-C U-Boat is now complete.
I so wanted to add the antenna lead-ins for the two aft antennas and did a great search for images ot that section of the craft. There were many of the conning tower, but very few of the gun deck looking aft where one could see the antennas. Finally found a couple. Created a representation of the lead-in coupling box in front of the flag mast, and ran thinned out thread to the antennas and connected with the require loop, as was done for the forward antenna.
The forward VHF antenna was installed on the bow section. Then the battle flag and victory pennants where added, as well as the safety lines around the bottom of the tower.

These are preliminary shots of the final product. The formal photo shoot for this sub will be done a little latter, as I am waiting for a photo tent to arrive.

Finished1_zpsbda64c6a.jpg

Finished2_zpsb1912e15.jpg

Finished3_zpscd8ca37e.jpg

Finished4_zps66543e52.jpg

Finished5_zpsdf9caabc.jpg

Finished6_zpsb4d348d8.jpg

Finished7_zps92ebe576.jpg

Finished8_zps4126df04.jpg

Finished9_zps5eddcf14.jpg

This has been a fun project and definitely learned a lot, both historically and skill wise.
I hope you have enjoyed following me on this journey.
Look forward to the full photo shoot. Thank you.

Jim

Beautifully done Jim!! Thanks for sharing the build with us!!! Looking forward to the pretty shot now!!!! ;)

Thank you TRM.

The new studio equipment is suppose to arrive on Wed., we'll see.

Jim

Latest posts

Back