U.S. Destroyer DD445 Fletcher

wjbrandel

Started a new build. I decided to go with another naval ship, this time from Tamiya.

20240517_184852.jpg

20240517_184937.jpg

The hull is basically one piece with the deck seperate.

20240517_184946.jpg

20240517_185009.jpg

20240517_185040.jpg

I do believe those parts are the radar tower. I can't remember for sure :confused:

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0
I have the same kit but not going to build it as the Fletcher. My build will be a long term build because I’m converting it as post war destroyer my dad was on during the 50s - USS Wadleigh.

I have the same kit but not going to build it as the Fletcher. My build will be a long term build because I’m converting it as post war destroyer my dad was on during the 50s - USS Wadleigh.
That's nice. I never had anyone in my family serve in the navy. Marine and army for me.

Both my dad and his brother (my uncle) both served in the Navy. My uncle was on the USS Independence during the Vietnam conflict in charge of the catapults. If I wasn’t hard of hearing, I would have continued the family name tradition of serving in the Navy. I wanted to enlist as either a Navy fighter jet pilot or be a shooter on a carrier.:)

Both my dad and his brother (my uncle) both served in the Navy. My uncle was on the USS Independence during the Vietnam conflict in charge of the catapults. If I wasn’t hard of hearing, I would have continued the family name tradition of serving in the Navy. I wanted to enlist as either a Navy fighter jet pilot or be a shooter on a carrier.:)
Right now the closest I have to a relative in the navy is a very good friend. We've been hanging out so long we consider ourselves brothers. Right now he is serving on board a sub, an LA class but I can't recall the name. Both my grandfathers served in WW2 one in Europe and the other served in the Pacific. My Dad wanted to serve in Vietnam, but health problems kept him out (and eventually killed him at 61). As for me I never really had a desire to serve when I was younger, now in my 50's I do regret that decision.

Got some more built and the base coat put down. All I have to do is assemble the sub assemblies together after I finish the hull. Went to paint the hull and found out I was out of hull red and my other red was nothing more than a hard cake at the bottom of the battle--I didn't close it tight :eek: when last used it...about a month ago.

20240520_144405.jpg

20240520_144424.jpg

And those guns were a pain to put together because they are so small.

20240520_144434.jpg

I know the grey looks light but it does look right without the bright light I use for painting shining on it.

Latest posts

Back