Is it possible to create a "window"?

hoakin1981

Hi folks. So, is it possible to create a gap where on the model a recessed panel is?

I wanted to better simulate the real deal by removing the designed panel and creating a gap in its place to fill with Micro Krystal Klear but apparently trying to do so with an exacto knife is neither easy nor nice looking afterwards..

1708680468833.png

1708680529275.png

Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance

Yes . There is always a better way .

What tools do you have on hand currently ?

Yes . There is always a better way .

What tools do you have on hand currently ?

I have various tools, with the most relevant being:

- 2 scribers (Trumpeter & Tamiya)
- 2 vinyl masking tapes
- a mini hand drill
- a Tamiya hand saw

Not sure what else might be useful in this case.

The easiest way would be chain drilling and then filing
Drill a series of tiny holes around the perimeter of the cut-out and then knife/file away the remainder .
You can get sets of jeweler files off Amazon for cheap

By mini hand drill you mean pin vise , yeah ?
for tiny fractional mm bits ?

Wow… that’s a mess. What process/ tool did you use? It looked like you tried cutting using a heated tip of a scriber or something.

Yeah… there is a better way. Several tiny holes along the perimeter would have been a better way for a clean cut.

Wow… that’s a mess. What process/ tool did you use? It looked like you tried cutting using a heated tip of a scriber or something.

Yeah… there is a better way. Several tiny holes along the perimeter would have been a better way for a clean cut.
Yeah..as i said, using an exacto knife was not the best option in this case. The chain drill solution was already kindly advised by @urumomo therefore a nice set of mini jewel files is already on the way :D

Thanks for all the help provided

Latest posts

Back