Hello from Virginia, USA

MxTanker

Good morning. After discovering this site a few weeks ago, I haven't been able to stay off of it. I've been building(mainly 1/48 aircraft, 1/35 armor, and cars) since I was about 7 or 8. My uncle was an avid model builder and had hundreds of planes on display so, naturally, every time I visited I asked him to take me to the basement so I could look at them. When I turned 12 or so, he invited me over for a couple of nights so we could build a model together. He took me to a place called the War Room, a local hobby shop in Norcross, Ga, and told me to pick whichever model I chose. Eventually, I chose a 1/48 scale Tamiya P-47 Razorback "Little Chief". Over those 2 days he taught me a myriad of techniques, most of which I still use to this day. He also gave me a book called "The Verlinden Way" which also had some great tips. I've always built my kits just for the enjoyment and satisfaction of a completed, realistic kit and never was interested in contests or competitions really. I had never given the thought of club/forum/etc., but after stumbling upon the website, it was very interesting to look at the different techniques, mediums, and subjects of each modeler. I also like the positive attitudes not common on any kind of forum. I wish I had found it a little sooner as I'm putting the finishing touches on a Tamiya Sd.Kfz.251 halftrack and would have liked to document the build. Next time. Thanks for having the forum and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Thank you Jim, really looking forward to seeing the finished patlabor facility, excellent work.

Latest posts

Back