best way to sell built kits online?

LeesKeys

Not sure if this is the correct category for posting, but I need to clear some space for newly built models. Years ago, I had good luck selling from my collection using eBay. But the fees have just gotten exorbitant. Have you sold any built models and are there online alternatives which are better than eBay (I live in the US).

Depending on genre you can donate them to a local group. Military builds can go to Veterns groups like your local VFW. Just as an alternative to selling them

I never understood why someone would buy a kit already put together. For me the fun is building it.
De gustibus non disputandem est. I wouldn't sell mine, either, for sentiment and for the hassle of posting the sale, dealing with collecting the payment, packing up and shipping. But some folks don't mind it. I wouldn't collect kits, either-and a stash doesn't count!-but some do.

As far as places to sell online are concerned, if not eBay, then perhaps through forums, or through other social media like Facebook, Etsy, etc. Personally, I can't speak for any of the social media because I haven't sold anything online, I've only bought, and apart from buying through an online shop, like Sprue Brothers, HobbyLink Japan, etc, etc, I've only bought through eBay (since '96). I did see something on Facebook's market page once-locally-collected honey-and bought it, but since the seller was local, we carried out the sale live, rather than through the webpage and with shipping.

Depending on genre you can donate them to a local group. Military builds can go to Veterns groups like your local VFW. Just as an alternative to selling them
Yeah, that's a good suggestion, too-the VFW, American Legion. Also libraries, historical societies, and so on.
And before anyone scoffs, "Oh, that won't work, they won't want them", I'll say, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Latest posts

Back