Zugkraftwagen 1t (Sd.Kfz. 10) Demag Typ “D7”

TRM

Hello HERD!!

I thought I would toss this build up to share. I just finished a review on this little guy and decided I would keep going on the build!

Here is a link to the Review here on Armorama : Zugkraftwagen 1t (Sd.Kfz. 10) Demag Typ “D7” Please stop by and check it out!!

For starters here is the kit:

MPK-Modellbau's Zugkraftwagen 1t (Sd.Kfz. 10) Demag Typ “D7” in 1:72

001.jpg

This is a very nice kit, even better if you consider the scale. As I mention in the review (and with pictures) the kit is complete on on tree of sprue. So after reading through the instructions I decided to have at it....

069.jpg

The body/chassis cleaned up well. The fact that the transmission was molded to the one piece tub these to parts just fell together.

072.jpg

Next came the nose of the vehicle. Please note, this is where I messed up a bit. Like in normal building I tend to jump to other section of the build and back...this time this one got me a little. The windscreen/dashboard/firewall section was not put in when it was suppose to...per the instructions. LOL...that will teach me not to follow them!! I had glued the two step sides that are located just behind each front fender first, before placing the dashboard section. This obviously did not want to fit...luckily the two pieces I glued were still soft enough to pull back and install the Dash section...

081.jpg

083.jpg

With that out of the way, literally the bedsides, canopy, tools and interior parts just fell together!! This is one reason why I am really liking 1/72 scale more and more. There is not 800 tiny parts with complicated directions to slow up a build. I can then get to the fun part faster...painting!!

Here is how she stood by the time to review was ready....

090.jpg

092.jpg

097.jpg

103.jpg

OK, now that I am caught up on this I am progressing on the painting end of this project. I laid down some primer on this last night and will be moving forward on the painting off and on today!!

a1.jpg

I plan on getting downstairs to shoot some paint today...in between normal chores!!

As always thanks for having a peek!! ;)

Thanks Ken!!

I was able to get a base coat down already on this one, hope to have some pics soon after I get some shading added!!! ;)

Ola TRM

I always love the sight of these vehicles. And I have to say for such a small kit it has a bucketload of neat details. Looking forward to seeing it painted up.

It is a bit late now but I have posted some walkarounds to Armorama.com of this vehicle. Lot of details visible.

Anyway. Looking good so far looking forward to the rest.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker

Nice Braille scale model. The detailing looks pretty meticulous. Looking forward to the finish. Bill

What a cute little kit! Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on this 8)

Guzuntight!!! Oh wait, that wasn't a sneeze, it was a complete build. Haha

Anyways, this thing looks great!!!

Hola Robert!! Thanks for the kind words!! I did look through some of the pics on your walk around as a couple more...I think Prime Protal...I think wanted to progress on this one, more for fun and a break from some things or I would have added a bit more details but I have to say I am sufficiently happy with the details on this kit OOB!!

Hi Ya Bill! Thanks for having a peek at her!! This one seems to just be moving right along...you can tell by the update coming below!! ;D

Hey MJ!! Glad to see you escaped from the brood for a short while!! Hope all is well with the fam my friend!! Thanks for the kindness, much appreciated!!! ;)

Nice Adam!! ;D ;D Thank you Sir!!! See, I need to work on 4 or 5 smaller projects just to keep up with your big ones.....meant the projects that is!! ::)

Thanks Aaron!! Thank you also for checking out the review!!

Time for a quick one....as I stated I plan on moving on this one. I laid down a base coat using AK's Dunkelgrau Base.

a22.jpg

Next came a dusting coat of Dunkelgrau Light over some of the panels.

a27.jpg

a29.jpg

I need to glue the wheels on this tiny guy and give the entire piece a nice wash using AK Blue Brown Wash...coming up soon.

Thanks again for checking up on me!!

i have a 17mL bottle of Vallejo matt varnish and im amazed how small that model is in comparison! :eek:

Thank you Andrei!!! Yeah, the bottle in the picture give a really nice perspective to the actual size!! :eek: One of these days, I still want to have at a 1/144 tank...just once at least!! LOL!

OK....time for another update!!!

Utilizing my time well I guess I was able to get down stairs and some thing together and get a AK Brown Blue Wash down Along with some color on the seats, canopy and tools for starters...

almostdone5.jpg

almostdone7.jpg

I plan on finishing up the tools tonight and laying some dusting down as well! Not going crazy, just enough to let it look used a bit.

Thanks for stopping by and having a look see!!

This is coming along great.. I envy people who manage to create this beautifull results in this small scale. Nice grey coat. Looking forward to the dusting. That should bring it even more to life

Thank you very much!! I only wish I could scale down my fingers a bit now!!! ;D

Man you sure know how to build them! Not sure how t o help you with the scaling down of your fingers though ::)

LOL...Thanks Aaron!! Its not getting any easier!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I tried to get to this one tonight but another small project came up in the mix and I rolled with it!! Will get on the dusting after work tomorrow!!! ;)

All good!! LOL, you have been a busy boy as of late!! I wish I had more time in the day!!! I really want to work on this right now....but 4:30AM comes quick!! ;D

Ya, my wife has been bugging me lately. "You really are a 'Scale Model Addict!'". I just say "It's all Ken's fault, he showed me these new techniques I've been trying out. They are really working but take lots of time.". Hahaha

Latest posts

Back