Zombie Hunter Gyro-copter

dude, chipped, rusty colorful with torch scaring and bright welds.

I would try to keep masking (with tape) to a minimum, decide what the majority/ hardest to do and spray that, then brush paint the rest. Even just cutting card stock to fit odd shapes and holding it right under what you are spraying could work well here.

Good call.

I need to make some welds... 3 joints in the cage...along the seam of the fins... havent' tried that before. It think I'll use Aves..;)

Can't see in these pics but the fenders are rusted through in a few spots as well.

So, rusty swing set is a brilliant idea:

images

dep_5618380-Part-of-an-old-rusted-swingset.jpg

+++

One concern of mine...and it's not too late. Those vertical fins. I used parts from a 1/72 plane...but looking at it they're too perfect. That would not be just kickin around.

I think plain sheet, ala sheet metal, would fit this better. No?

I thought about those too and wasn't gonna say anything but since you have... ;)

I think some kind of signs would add more color and could easily be rigged with a pivot point etc. to serve the same purpose? Imagine a shiny red and black 'for sale' sign on one side, and beat up, bullet riddled yellow 'no passing' sign on the other (or anything along that idea etc.)

Sign, sign everywhere a sign...

Did you eat freaking brilliance today? Did you eat a my little pony today?

...and they don't have to be rigged. My reference of real gyros doesn't show any rigging...the rotors do that job.

Where's a pop can?

That weathering on the swing piping will be a bear, but it looks PERFECT for this GB. I see heavy chipping fluid in your future....maybe rapid drying with a hair dryer would cause it to bubble and peel to show the undercoat?

Hairspray, AK Chipping Fluid for sure. I think it will be fun actually! But yeah, the whole thing will get a 'rust' base coat and then I'll work part by part chipping etc....

+++

OK - fins fini. I'll 'rig' these with cable back to the pedals. (got fast and sloppy cutting the hinges...oh well)

4119.jpg

Might just swap out the horizontal ones too.

Thanks dude!

+++

Couldn't live with the wonky hinges so I fixed em. This thing would have to be fly-worthy after all.
4120.jpg

Then with Aves Apoxy I patched the front tire. You can see my attempt at weld here as well....but it's too large so I took it off. I'll try again when I'm not falling asleep (good excuse at least)
4121.jpg

Again with Aves I made a seat pocket. This will be fairly hidden, but I'll make a scale LIFE magazine or something (with a Zombie on the cover of course)
4122.jpg

The scratch building on this is incredible!!! You're killing this one Scott!!!

You're really nailing this build Scott, awesome scratch building

this is gonna look cool

Cant wait to see this with some rust ...I mean paint on ;D nice work Scott .

Chris.

Thanks guys. Here's a final minor update before primer.

Decided to scratch a 'headlight' for this thing. What a chore...trying to simulate a halogen shop light. Inside is lined with metallic tape, and a large diameter fiber optic used for the bulb. Once the paints on, and the mask is off, should look decent.

4123.jpg

Latest posts

Back