Zombie Hunter Gyro-copter

Re: Convoy / Carrier

LOL - yup, Zombie killer.

Pilot....not gonna have a seated pilot, this will be on the low boy trailer. I'll have a crew of mechanics or something....

she can have my flight stick any time ;D

Nice spud!! BTW, did you ever get the problem with your Yolk fixed? ::) Might be a deal breaker! :eek:

lol it works still we made sure this morning :eek:

OK,. back on track with this. :p

Tonight I spent some time getting the steering linkage worked out, along with a mechanism to hold and release the Jerry Can Cocktails. Also worked up a radical radiator. Of course none of this is mechanically 'right' but honestly I couldn't care less...just want it to look cool. Not a ton left as far as plastic building goes...another night, maybe two. I still feel I have to give this more 'Zombie Hunter' styling...maybe a cage around the pilot....I have some PE buckles on the way as well.

Once painted there will be several cables, wires etc...added all over. I've drilled holes everywhere for this...from the plugs to the gas line, battery, even cables from the 'handle bars' to the bomb latches...Hopefully all the wiring will add a nice level of detail to this.

Thanks for watching!

4111.jpg

4112.jpg

4113.jpg

4114.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

That is some great scratch work Scott!! This little copter is turning out to be a nice project in itself!!! ;)

Thanks guys!

Tonight I've added mesh under the frame and on the foot pegs. I also tried a sprue roll cage.

Whatcha think?

4115.jpg

4116.jpg

4117.jpg

That is looking very cool Scott ,it'll look great under some paint and lots of weathering ;D

Chris.

Thanks guys. Just a few more details.

First, dude will need something to light those Jerry Can Cocktails. I'm thinking a torch.

4118.jpg

Merci dudes.

The torch was fun, and pretty simple once if found the correct diameter sprue, wire, wire insulator and a small chop of tube.

Luckily the Tamiya Rally Car driver set has 1/24 headsets...no scratching required.

+++

+++

Any suggestions on color, weathering. I'm almost ready to prime her.

Scott Girvan said:
Any suggestions on color, weathering. I'm almost ready to prime her.

Depends, is this a vehicle that existed and was just commandeered?

...or something cobbled together in an abandoned gas station garage on the out skirts of town? if the latter I'm thinking those tubes would be bright colorful parts taken from a kids swing set in the school yard behind the gas station, some of the stuff would be bare/raw/rusty steel stuff lying around back in the weeds, other parts colored like the things they came off of, cars, shop equipment, the building etc.

Then weathered to crap. ;D

Thanks andrei383

Ken Abrams said:
...or something cobbled together in an abandoned gas station garage on the out skirts of town? if the latter I'm thinking those tubes would be bright colorful parts taken from a kids swing set in the school yard behind the gas station, some of the stuff would be bare/raw/rusty steel stuff lying around back in the weeds, other parts colored like the things they came off of, cars, shop equipment, the building etc.

Then weathered to crap. ;D

^ This. Totally. That's a great idea....playset bars. Even the scale is right for something like that. And they could be chipped.

I'm in for a ton, ton of masking. Or alot of brush. Everything is glued down except the rear prop, gas cans and the seat.

+++

Now to rig up some headlamps...best to hunt Zombies at night.

Latest posts

Back