Zombie Fighter Mustang

Thanks guys. Yeah, 8 hours of work and only a couple barrels done but it's still progress.

Next time I think I'll build more, video less and make a big push on this.

Good for you to keep working on this after the contest is done and hence inspiration has dwindled. Also good for you getting that young fella off the electronics.

If I had a work area like that, boy would my modeling take a leap forward. I'm modeling in a snow bank. ;D

Thanks guys. I'm happy to see it moving again.

Worked on scratch building a winch hook tonight. Styrene, drill, blade, sanding stick. I think it will do. Under this magnification you see the wonk...but it works.

1524222_10202045995644078_120422085_o.jpg

I'm no mechanic either. But what you have there looks plausible to me. It would be quite heavy so I hope this car has stiff shocks and springs. Which it very well could. I know a lot of guys who build these fictional cars and through reason right out the window. If I can see where it could possibly been done in the 1:1 world, then I say it is good to go.

However it does kind of seem like it should be closer to the car. In the video I couldn't tell where the problem was. Is it hitting against the bumper? If so, just cut that part out of the bumper is all I would do. Seeing how it does not have a front differential, the only good reason I can think of for the skid plate would be to protect the oil pan. This push bar/skid plate unit should attach to the frame. Other than that I don't know where the alternator should sit according to the hydraulic pumpulator sissy gauge and the valvetronic engine blower wheel. ;D

There's that big valance in front, the grill attached to that. Then there's some space and then the rad. A guy on youtube suggested running pipes vertically off the frame, then cross bracing. Cut the drill, attach the actual bumper to that steel.

I think I'll give it a go.

I end up with a big cut in the grill, and loose the stock bumper. I know the off road bumper needs to be attached to the frame, not the skid guard. I'll work it out.

It will change the front end of the stock Mustang, but in the end that's the point.

I want to add the exo skeleton and have it attached to front and rear bumpers, then I hang my doors off the exo and also my roof rack...therefore the front and rear bumpers have to be really strong.

Yo.
Forgive me for the crap camera photos. Working out this bumper. Only thing really buggin me now is that the bumper doesn't wrap around the corners of the car...it's small and for a jeep right.

I plan to anchor the exo skeleton off this and so that part will wrap around the corners.

Thoughts?

4654.jpg

4655.jpg

4656.jpg

Looks good man. I think if you cover to much up at the front you'll loose that awesome Mustang look. Still amazed at how you wittled that hook out of a lump of plastic. Crazy.

I think bringing the exo skeleton out and around the corners should tie it in nicely and make it flow into the lines of the car. Looking good as always.

Latest posts

Back