Zombie Fighter Mustang

I love how it's shaping up Scott. The flares will work but you've sure got some work ahead of you. Cut away the body under the flares. I helped a friend build a jeep charokee once and we did basically the same thing. To clear the tires he moved the fender flares up, screwed them to the body and then cut away the body panels (or beat them in) under the flares to make room. Perhaps use aves apoxy sculpt to close those gaps. I like using that on wide gaps instead of styrene. It's quicker to sand since it can be shaped before hand and makes for a strong filler.

As far as the exoskeleton size... that's up to you. Maybe use the larger tube for main bars and the smaller for cross bars and gussets?

Good call on using Aves on those gaps. Last night I did get one rear section of the rear flare to attach tight to the body but I fear if I do that all over it's going to pull out the body and then won't fit properly.

I'll be opening the body up later tonight. And yeah, will use the larger tubing.

Gotta look at more reference as to how I can attach it to the frame. Not many Mustang exoskeleton reference out there. law.l.

Scott Girvan said:
Good call on using Aves on those gaps. Last night I did get one rear section of the rear flare to attach tight to the body but I fear if I do that all over it's going to pull out the body and then won't fit properly.

Just my 2 cents here but I think in a post apocalypse type world the builder/customizer of the car probably wouldn't be overly concerned with how "good" the fender flares looked but rather if they worked or not. I bet they'd almost look better if they weren't on perfect, more of a "bolt on and go" type look.

True.

Honestly I don't think they'd bother with bolt on flares at all - if this was the real deal.

Scott, mate, sorry I've just caught up with all this. Looks sick, gann be so cool, I'd say go with the small rod ;) Good to see you on the TV!

Scott is allot like me ...... we both like to kill dead Zombies in style ;D

Looks neat Scott. The flares look good with the bigger tires on the Mustang body. Aside from filling in the bits where the doors open, the rest should be pretty straight forward.

I'm not sure about the videos. Either way sounds good to me.

Cool - thanks Matt. Yeah, with a good 4, 5 hour session I could get alot done on her. It's getting there.

Always enjoy your videos Scott! I would enjoy more content myself. Keep up the good work! 8)

Enjoying this build!

Learning a lot from everyone on scratch building and weathering!

Nice work Scott!

Thanks for the encouragement guys and glad to hear you're liking the videos. I'll have a few more this upcoming week.

Did manage some decent bench time yesterday. Got the rear seat area worked and built a bracket for the fuel tank.

4643.jpg

4645.jpg

I'll make straps to look like seatbelts to hold the tank to the bracket. Once I glue it down the tank will sit a bit lower than pictured above. I didn't account for the inner diameter of the strip styrene, so it's tight, but works once CAd in place.

Thanks CT. Thats all done with the Nutter from the small shop. 0.5mm rivets placed individually with CA. Fun stuff.

Nice work Scott. You could take your Dremel with the small sanding drum and lightly sand the drum bracket contour. I use a Fordum drum sander to hog out wheel wells on Dirt Track cars. Just an idea. ;)

Thanks. I could but the correct diameter is without the strips... This will be fine once glued.

Yeah, its a fire hazzard for sure... Lawl.

Latest posts

Back