Zombie Fighter Mustang

Agree... I get a tremendous amount of joy doing post apocalyptic vehicles... Creativity, pure as a driven snow! :)

Scott, You're on the right track for sure! I commented on FB but I like the location of the fuel cell for balance and the tail gun is a good choice considering the function of the vehicle... It's not a blockade runner. More of a scout.

Yeah, thanks for the comments - everyone.

I'm getting opinions for both setups...still not sure what to do - lol. I'll start painting that engine later this evening.

You could hard mount the gun to the baja rack and cut a bit out of the rear floorpan, put a filler tube thru the pass rear quarter that leaves the pass side open for more anything and opens up the rear window area..love the gullwing door idea...

Another good idea. I think I'll start with the exo-skeleton and try to get the door sorted out..from there I can determine gun a fuel positions.

Fun, fun.

I do like the idea of the fuel cell being inside the car. I think they look cool on the outside but they could be damaged (possible fuel leaks or worse) more easily that way. It would be safer inside the car to some degree. I mounted mine on the outside on my previous builds just because it looked cool. ;)

I think the fuel drum nestled down inside the car is probably the most practical of all the options, being up high on the back of the trunk would be a little top heavy around corners, especially when the fuel swishes to one side as you try to outrun something/someone around a sharp bend. Looking cool on it's side in a ditch would kinda, umm, not look so cool.

Putting it in the passenger side would be a little off balance too, if that's a 50 gallon drum, it'll weigh over 400 pounds full. At least in the 'back seat' it's evenly dispersed, as well as being in front of the rear axle which would more evenly place the weight on all four tires, not behind it which when full would take precious traction from your front tires.

Gun on the passenger side for sure.

Of course, these are all just my opinions ...based on what I mightbe running through my head while fabricating this thing in an old warehouse as the undead claw away at the door. ;)

Cool observations. Yeah, if speaking strict practicality a nice SUV and the best guns you can find would likely be all anyone would "build".

Gotta love modulz.

Scott Girvan said:
Cool observations. Yeah, if speaking strict practicality a nice SUV and the best guns you can find would likely be all anyone would "build".

Gotta love modulz.
Can't the Walking Dead series let us design some cars for them? Those stock SUV's and passenger cars are driving me nuts! ;D

It's not near as much fun to shoot Zombies with your rear view mirror. You can't really see them splat. Also a 50 gallon drum of fuel right next to me.... makes me nervous. :eek:

Scott Girvan said:
Anyone have suggestions for 'spent shells' in 1/25?

Just doing some quick math.

Mini-gun would be the standard NATO 7.62mmX51mm (.308 to the non military types, or have no idea what I mean)

If you take 7.62mm and divide it by 25 (for 1/25 scale), it comes out to 0.3048mm.

Take a .50cal casing, the bullet is .50cal, or 12.7mm. Most common military scale is 1/35, so 12.7mm divided by 35, and it comes out to 0.3628mm.

Length of the 7.62mm round is 51mm, divide by 25, gives you 2.04mm, and .50cal casing is 99mm long, divide by 35, gives you 2.82mm.

So the width of the round is very close, I mean approx. 6/100ths of a mm, the length would be a hair long, but still only approx. 8/10ths of a mm. So I think you would have no problem using something like this:

LAM047.jpg

Basically turned brass .50cal casings and also some with the bullet in them.

Unfortunately I couldn't find it anymore on any of my supplier's websites.

Live Resin also makes a set, but they would be resin, and thus would need to be painted, which would be a PITA to do seeing as they are so small, least in brass, you could just leave them as is...maybe a dark wash would be all they would need, if that.

There are a couple of these casings on the roof of my M-51 Sherman from it's .50cal, they are much smaller that they look in the photo above.

You could of course just use thin walled brass tubing as well, it just wouldn't have the neck crimp to hold the bullet, and would be open at each end. I know some will say just brass rod, but at that scale (even at 1/35 for a .50cal casing) the open end for the spent casing adds to it.

I think that stuff all looks really good. Although the tires look like they could use more tread detail, the rest is cool. Specially when you think this is actually 1/24-1/25 scale which I don't think their is much for options. Also, remember there are other opportunities to use these products other than zombie hunting rigs. Hmmm, the ideas are coming to me now!

Latest posts

Back