Your favourite model?

The 1/48 Tamiya F-16 Aggressor has to be my favorite. It was the first build I posted on SMA and I had so much fun with it. I love the paint of the Aggressors, I think they just look awesome. Unfortunately in my recent move it got damaged pretty bad. Since I liked the build so much I ordered a new one from spruebrothers with some Aires upgrades and plan to rebuild another one.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mine would be any 1/35th scale Sherman kit by Tasca or the Fine Molds 1/72d Millennium Falcon.

E-8side.jpg

IMG_0613a_resize.jpg

Hello.

This was a build I did about 6 years ago, but it is still one of my favorites.

Canon's Chinese Dragon.

DSCF0347_zpsfbba3320.jpg

This build taught me a lot and a major milestone in skill development.

Jim

I think my all time favorite build was my Ecto-1A I did awhile back...

gb-fin-real4.jpg

Even thou you couldn't see all the details inside it came out looking awesome!

This is my favorite shiny paint job:

Fairlane065.jpg

This is my favorite weathered model I've done:

013-3_zpsaddca31b.jpg

That is easy.
The kit I like best so far:

Finish38_zps3bc686c7.jpg

Finish33_zps6348d9d7.jpg

Finish23_zps0991c376.jpg

It is the WEM 1/350 Mary Rose, Resin and PE. Lovely little kit excellent detail and yet lots of possibilities to add more to it.

Cheers,
Guido

Man these are some incredible builds on this thread. I wish my results were as nice as all those who have posted here! Great stuff guys!

This is probably my favorite right now because of all the work and body modification i did to it. The car is supposed to be a 2013 Chevy SS NASCAR stock car. I built it from a 2001 Ford Taurus Mark Martin kit. Lots of styrene and bondo on this thing. I also did all the decals myself and printed them from my 30 dollar HP printer.

1363722091_zpse8389c8c.jpg

jake said:
Lots of styrene and bondo on this thing. I also did all the decals myself and printed them from my 30 dollar HP printer.

Man that sounds like it would be a killer article for the magazine. ;)

CTspeedshop said:

Fairlane065.jpg

Wow

what clear coat did you use to achieve this shine????!!!

Neo said:
CTspeedshop said:

Fairlane065.jpg

Wow

what clear coat did you use to achieve this shine????!!!
Thanks Neo. I used Model Masters high gloss clear enamel. It was mixed with a 2:1 ratio with cheap lacquer thinner and sprayed through an airbrush. It is a method made famous by Donn Yost. The lacquer thinner causes the clear to pull tighter as it cures. It has to be cheap lacquer thinner. The more expensive automotive lacquer thinners are too hot for the plastic. This is my short answer Neo. Lol. Thanks again.

There's only a few I've built recently, but here are a few of my builds.

My BSG Trio.....
IMG_20140314_225844.jpg

My first commission build Mk IIb Spitfire
DSC_0621.jpg

My first fully lit model - Klingon D7 Cruiser

DSC_0431.jpg

Latest posts

Back