Your best "Modelling" stories

Unreality

or Jonathan if you prefer
I thought it would be funny to hear others' experiences in this wonderful and wonderfully frustrating hobby. I've got 2 good stories of the top of my head.

When I was building my first Dragon 1/35 kit, I thought I'd be awesome and build the photoetch tool clasps. After bending them and positioning the parts, I was all ready to hit it with a little CA (actually this took about 20 minutes to finagle the things into place). When the CA hit, the assembly fell apart, and I quickly pushed the parts away from the edge of the table. But I noticed I was missing the latch of the clasp. I searched the carpet for probably an hour, slowly combing over each and every nook. Exhausted, I rubbed my head and felt something odd. The latch was superglued to my index finger the whole time. Since then I think the molded tool clasps look beautiful.

My other story is shorter, but when I lose a part, I often drop its twin to see if I can trace how it bounced. It's ridiculous, but I somehow think that if I apply physics, I can find the missing part. This backfired once when I wound up losing site of the second part during my "experiment". I managed to find them a few days later, but it was one of those moments I wanted to kick something.

So what about you guys? Any funny, sad, frustrating, "facepalm" stories?

Lol, good stories.

I like your theory about dropping parts, however this is really the chaos theory at play. Don't know if I'd want to try that one, just doubles your chances of losing 2 parts :p I've pulled apart a whole room trying to find a not too small part, I'm convinced it fell into a worm hole and is now in another dimension.... ;D

I love it when you "think" you dropped a part, and you get down on your hands an knees with a flashlight on the floor trying to find the shadow to the part (I have short pile, grey carpet, so the grey styrene parts like to hide in plain sight), after 10-15mins of not finding the part, you give up, maybe take the part from another kit (if you have one) all to find that the part actually only went a few inches from where you were working the whole time.

Latest posts

Back