Youli's Millenium Falcon from the Rebel Base diorama kit

You'll be able to judge that with the next pictures :)

So, 3 weeks in the mountains, I worked on several kits, one is this Millenium Falcon, with some real improvements.
First, a new coat of white with a spray-can, and then a black wash...

You can see two things here :
- The size of the kit in my hand
- the panels edges are engraved, the previous ones were raised. It was a hasardous operation. The mission is not yet completed, and clearly not perfect. Need to sand some raised details more...

A grey dry-brush. Not so good. Too blue, the falcon is more "beige" light chestnut...

In daylight. I Think it's the right render. The engrave details do the trick, even thought not perfect, need to add some cables and parts here and there. A pity, really, the kit has good details but was half correctly done. This phase was a necessity to proove to myself my project was a good one.

In order to do the lights in the front, on the mandibules, I can't place some leds, they are too big, and blue. I need yellow ones. The solution ? Fiber optic. DOn't have any..; So what ? I Build it. Some clear plastic, a flame, and "voila", some DIY fiberoptics.
I'm thinking about placing some in the cockpit since the light won't be that brillant, it will simulate the consoles lights.

I found a nice part for the cockpit. Need to build all of it now...

Latest posts

Back