You may have my cow, but you'll never get my goat!

I didn't have much time to work on this over the last two weeks, since my mom is visiting. Tonight I started painting some of the "stuff" I mentioned.

7174006228_50ca80ae7d.jpg
Stuff phase 1 by anguscubed, on Flickr

Love the fence! The cow is looking sufficiently terrified already! ;D

Your detailing on the 'stuff' is incredible!

ModelMakerMike said:
Is your Farmer's last name, Fudd?
He resembles a certain hunter by the name of Elmer. :)

HAH! He's a dairy farmer, not a pig... but I see what you mean! I wonder if thats what Scale Solutions was going for!?

Hey Sol: I've been watching your vids and I think I'm going to try the chipping on the metal bands around the buckets. :) Wish I could get the realism you're getting!

I agree with the other guys the humorous touches make this stand out.
Its a nice change to see something different.
Also im loving your professional video skills!

Underlord said:
Hey Sol: I've been watching your vids and I think I'm going to try the chipping on the metal bands around the buckets. :) Wish I could get the realism you're getting!

Good luck with the chipping, Underlord! I'll be waiting for your next update with great anticipation ;)

All the details for the dio do really look outstanding! A very realistic-looking painting.
And I'm still digging the story, lol ;D
Thumbs up on your excellent progress, Underlord!

merseajohn said:
Looks great! What are you using for water in those buckets?

Thanks! The buckets are molded mostly full. I painted the wood on the outside and the inside rim, and I used a swirl of silver and white over the "water" portion. Once it dried, I added a very thick layer of Tamaya clear to get that sparkle look.

Ugh! Life has reared it's ugly head and halted progress. Once these doctors are finished with me, I'll get back on this. Sorry for the delay.

well, here's the insult added to my injury...

This morning I felt well, and had a little time before work. I decided that I'd go in and work on the dio... but to my utter shock and dismay, I found that the shower upstairs had leaked through the ceiling onto my STASH!

2012-06-12_07-33-41_992 by anguscubed, on Flickr

And the casualties...
two TOS Enterprises, one with ALL the upgrades including aftermarket decals and electronics
1/400 Titanic for my wife
TNG Enterprise with fiber lighting and aftermarket decals and upgrade parts
Minons
Two Movie enterprises, thankfully the horrible ones, not my smoothie!
DS9
War of the Worlds Martian war machine
1/48 Fine Molds X-Wing
SciFi Miniatures Oberth
1/144 Shuttle on 747 (no big loss there)
Galor class Cardasian
and a 3 ship Voyager pack my wife bought me.

2012-06-12_07-33-35_776 by anguscubed, on Flickr

2012-06-12_07-33-32_574 by anguscubed, on Flickr

2012-06-12_07-33-27_530 by anguscubed, on Flickr

2012-06-12_07-33-20_766 by anguscubed, on Flickr

Guess it's time to call my insurance. I'm too depressed to look up their values yet. I hope I have replacement value coverage!

ModelMakerMike said:
OH NO!!!!!!!
Tragedy has struck!
Are they all thoroughly soaked?
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

The new clear Enterprise D is soaked through and wasn't even in my first list. Voyager 3 pc, Galor, Fiber Optic D, and the DS9 are soaked through. I guess having the plastic on there held more water. I'm sure ALL of the decals are toast. I really don't care about the boxes, but I'm going to try to see if my insurance will cover replacement on all of the damaged kits.

Anyone know what the value of a SciFi Miniatures vacuuform Oberth would be? How 'bout the 3 ship Voyager pack?

Honestly, I only really care that I get replacement decals for these kits. I'm going to have to cover my $500 deductible, so claiming these kits might not be worth it. We shall see what my agent has to say.

Latest posts

Back