Yoda

YOULI

That which does not kill us makes us stronger !
R2-D2 is not the only one toy from McDonald's that I'm trying to raise at a fair price, and at a fair modeler level.

THere is Yoda. As R2, a pretty good toy and a good representation of the jedi master.
It's supposed to be an 8 ball, never worked, so no special "power" here.
It's all in one piece, 2 big parts actually blend together with this triangular shape screws I can't move.

I just carved in the fabric, and filled the holes with the screws.

The result after some ink and washes...

And some sanding of course, but gently, the plastic is soft...

The painting is merely done, but I can't show you recent and decent pictures of it for the moment. Just be patient young ones :D

Yoli.

Do you have a wife? A job?

Did you win the lottery?

How do you find all this time for models?

I envy you!

Pssst...

I have a secret !
I don't sleep that much.

And I am a Freelance Journalist, no office daily routine for me. Well, when I have jobs to do... :D

OK, that's two secrets. :D

(and the fact is I present some older projects... And I've got a lot in progress actually)

Let's check out the painting result after the convention. Not convincing... Will not do anything again but the greens are not right... THe lights back there was not good enough to do anything good with paints.

Will work on the eyes (important) later and check for the right tone of green.

This is terrific, Youli! I really like the pose. You've done a superb bit of work on him. :)

Thanks but I can't take credit for th pose, it's the toy :)

Really have to work on him, could'nt this week, too busy with a University research (about animation, 2 big days with fantastic persons).
That will be done tomorrow, if i'm lucky, Yoda and R2 and maybe the Cloud car...

Didn't post anything about the final presentation and painting ?

Here is the last one, from Geekopolis in Paris.

dsc02311.jpg

YOda was placed on a piece of wood I found in my new home. I added some plastic vegetation a snake and "voila".

Yoda on his new base.

Yoda on an exhibition last year at Migennes Collector.

Beautiful work! That started as a McDonald's give-away toy? I don't think we had them here in the States. Your upgrades to the figure are excellent. The colors and the texture you applied work very well. Well done!

That looks really good youli , you're right about Yoda being a pretty good sculpt , I've a couple of them and I've contemplated painting one up . Seeing how well yours has turned out , I might have to have a crack at it ! :)

I look forward to see it :)

I've got two of them now, one to show it unmodified, the other one modified and painted.
The main goal is to show people that even scrap plastic, "vulgar" toys can turn into beautiful creations.
There is no ultimate need for a pricy, rare resin or soft vinyl kit. This toy can also be a good way to practice painting skills and technics.

Latest posts

Back