Yamato Revell 1:1200

OldHammer

Hey to everyone!
This is my first post on SMA forum.
Wanted to show you my last project! I've got this little kit from a friend. I am a more armour modeller, so for me it was great fun building it!
I've made some scratchbuilding on the airplanes, crane, guns e.t.c.! I think the photos will tell you more than i can!
I hope you like it ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

You have done some very impressive work here especially with the crane and the aircraft. I built this kit myself (but just straight out of the box) so I know how small the aircraft and the crane are!

What can I add to what the others have said? That is fantastic scratchbuilding! Did you make the boat crane and the aerial on the funnel from brass and solder them? The rigging is impressive as well. Well done, especially since you say that you don't normally build ships, and since this one is so tiny. But you prove what I like to say--a good modeler should be able to build any kind of subject.

I've been eyeing the other Revell 1/1200 kits for a while, and you've encouraged me, I'll have to add them to my collection.

Oh, thank you all for the comments! ;D

Chiefpettyofficer, i hope someday i'll get back to this subject)!

the Baron, yes, the boat crane and aerial on the funnel are made from brass rods- and i soldered them. I used copper and brass beams from lion roar 0.3mm-0.5mm.

I can only assume that you where declared technically blind (badly cross eyed at least) after this micro build, truly amazing work at such a small scale, nicely done!

Latest posts

Back