Wrecking a '41 Chevy Pickup

oddmanrush

Hi all,
Haven't been active here for a while but I decided to come on back and share this here. Been working on it for some time so I won't share every picture because I don't want to overload the thread at first.
The kit is Revell's 1/25 '41 Chevy Pickup 2 n 1. I'll be doing the stock version but giving it a nice rusted look...hopefully, any way, if it all works out in my favor. Here is the summary leading up to where she stands now...

chevyrustyenginefinished_zpsa6b02ab6.jpg

chevyseatback_zps4625d958.jpg

chevyfinishedrustydash_zps58d42802.jpg

Truckinterior_zpscdcebebd.jpg

flattire2_zps13e17a75.jpg

tailgate_zps8b567e03.jpg

DSCN2104_zps01e58903.jpg

and here is where its at...

DSCN2106_zps33eebc2c.jpg

Comments and criticism is certainly welcome! Thanks

Cool! I love the seats, great job on that. I assume you scratch built that.

Thanks Scott! Yes, the seats were scratch built...sort of. I cut up the kit part extensively and built a frame around it, and upholstered it with tissue paper and copper wire.

Lovely work Jon.................those seats look superb and i love the rusted engine :)

love it superb work that seat is an inspiration..look forward to seeing more of your build

Thank you all for your comments! Geez, it would seem I've been slacking here a little bit....I have updates that I have not posted. Shame on me for keeping you all waiting.
The truck is complete and weathered with several different styles...

revell41chevyc_zpse16a354f.jpg

revell41chevy_zpsdc6372d8.jpg

revell41chevyd_zps70c5497a.jpg

Now its time to work on the base. Celluclay makes up the foundation and I spread dill weed on the ground to begin building up a layer of grass and vegetation.

basedillweed_zpsbe727752.jpg

basefinishedlayout_zps20350a52.jpg

That is where she sits at the moment. Not finished as there is still a lot of vegetation to add, and some crops, maybe a fence, so on and so forth. The little details, you know?
I hope you guys like it, and sorry for not having updated earlier. (its a case of trying to participate in too many forums...I should probably stop that)
Comments and criticism are welcome!

What a fantastic model. I especially luv the wooden railings on the back. The weathering
on those is excellent. Awesome work in total. :) 8) 8)

Hey great model!! How did u get the peeling effect of the rust around the window and door frames? I've tried to do it myself but not like yours

Thanks all. I've been slowed down by the ground work, which is a tedious process in my opinion! Trying to make grass and plants look real can be tough!

04svt said:
Hey great model!! How did u get the peeling effect of the rust around the window and door frames? I've tried to do it myself but not like yours

That was done using liquid mask. Just brush paint it on to the areas you want to peel. Paint your base coat over it, then instead of removing the whole mask, just peel it back exposing the rust color underneath. Pretty simple.

Geez, participating in several forums is difficult...I tend to neglect one or two. Shame on me for not having updated this one sooner!
I really appreciate all the comments and I'm glad you like it. This one is finished and here is how it looks!

chevyfinished5_zps99a5bb4b.jpg

chevyfinished_zps5035f1fb.jpg

chevyfinished3_zpsf2f6aaaf.jpg

chevyfinished4_zpsc17c6411.jpg

Criticism is certainly welcome! Thanks for following, and my apologies for being so tardy!

If you have them can you add a few shots of the seat building in progress? that thing is killer......................

Latest posts

Back