Wonderfest

Cave_Dweller

Anyone going to this this year? I've heard its amazing, pretty much THE convention for sci fi modelers and stuff like that. Seems like it also has an excellent model competition at it's heart.

I'm seriously considering going, especially since it's at the end of the BSC, and seems like a lot of fun.

Maybe we could have a SMA meetup, if anyone else is going.

Also, what do you all think of entering the same model into multiple competitions? Part of me thinks this is cheesy, but at the same time, building something for the BSC and Wonderfest at the same time would be quite difficult.

I was thinking of touching up a model I'd entered in last year's BSC for Wonderfest, since building one entirely for that would be quite hard. I can only imagine that Wonderfest is extremely competitive.

It's a great convention. My son and I went a couple of years ago.
Unfortunately, it looks like it just won't happen for us this year

I might be able to go, talking to the wife and seeing if we can clear up the calendar. No promises!

I'm gonna try to go this year. I only live a few hours a way. But we have a big vacation planned at the beginning of May, so funds might be tight. We'll see though.

Im going. my 7th time. Go if you get the chance. It is incredible! The talent there in superb. You will not see hardly a tank, plane or ship. Mostly sci fi, horror and fantasy. The dealer room can be as good as the contest room. Bring lots of cash too.
Entering a model in several contests is ok I think. As long as its different ones and not the same one twice. By going to different contests you get to measure your work against others.
just my 2 cents

I'll be there this year as I only live a few hours away as well. This will be my fourth. I plan to have my 3 foot Galactica done by then.

Latest posts

Back