WnW

Fruit

Anyone hear about Wing nut wings? Pretty sure you guys have, so let me refine my question -

Has anyone had any experience with building a WnW kit?
And what about the shipping time length?

I love WW2, Cold War, and Contemporary aircraft, but I'm getting this fascination with WW1 aviation.
I know Roden carries a good supply of 1/72 and 1/48 WW1 kits, but after seeing the WnW kits... :eek:

The Sopwith Pup is a nice looking one, either that or the Brisfit - ideas on those two? (The Albatros D kits are looking swell as well ;D)

(Me B-day's coming up, and I'm looking to get at least 1 plastic kit for self-indulgence, and the WnW kits are fantastic!)

Well, for what I hear, WnW are the leader in WWI models in the industry as far as quality, acuracy and Customer Service.
I own several of their kits (including the massive Gotha) and I can attest, you get your money's worth in plastic and then some.

It kinda depends on your scale preference. Wingnut Wings is 1/32 and the probably the best in that scale. Eduard is excellent in 1/48. Roden has 1/72 well covered.

It comes down to what you want scale wise and what your willing to pay. 32nd Wingnut runs about $80, 48th Eduard about $35 and 72nd Roden $15 ish.

But remember, WWI aircraft are tiny. In 32nd the average WWI fighter is about equal to a 48th scale P-51 size wise.

Latest posts

Back