[WIP] Trumpeter 1/72 - Westland Wyvern S4

The painting is sort of going well. I have the light green Sky colour finished and I'm really happy with the pre-shadin (for my first try at it). I started painting the 60 Lb rockets this morning and "gorilla thumbs" struck again - one rocket fin assembly is gone when I dropped it and the clamp holding it to the floor...grrr! I'll add that to my scratch build list.

Pictures to be posted in the next few days I hope.

JMac

Most of my base coats are done. I messed up a few small areas when I was too vigorous with a solvent soaked brush - removing overspray. Still lots of painting to go...sigh :p

I'm pretty happy with the pre-shading and the stripes (never painted stripes before). Niether is perfect but I think it's a good first attempt.

I going to keep plugging away, a little slowwer now however - I'm back at work tomorrow.

Jmac

[attachment deleted by admin]

After a bunch of touch-ups... :p
I just finished the gloss coat today. Decals, washes and detail painting up next.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Almost done. Everything is glued in place, and I'm just about ready to give the Wyvern an all over coat of flat clear today. I just got a new computer, so I'll post some pictures shortly.

JMac

Latest posts

Back