WIP Tankvette (and Revell engine FAIL)

phoenix

So my latest kitbash is just stupid awesome. Tamiya Walker Bulldog and Revell 2 in 1 68 Corvette. I'm using the BIG engine, and let's see how many people can spot Revell's epic fail? I followed instructions for this engine, and ended up with a WTF moment. I fixed it by cutting apart the belt and repositioning it with the one pulley.

image_zps9efkj6ra.jpg

image_zpsi9sglwhv.jpg

image_zpsnzfq3rln.jpg

Some progress pics.

1: finished interior. The .50 won't be permanently secured until after the interior tub is installed in the body.
2: lots of body work using styrene and Tamiya putty. I'm currently waiting for the putty to cure so I can start sanding.
3: the frame in process. This will be where I attach the finished body to the tank. The frame will cover the top of the treads, and I will use aluminum sheet to cover, like a long fender. I am a firm believer in saving all my sprues, and that's where the frame inspiration came from.

image_zpsoeqcdmsv.jpg

image_zpsf2cwikt9.jpg

image_zpsk9fzmuno.jpg

Very cool .
So that's the chrome-sprue you're using for the frame ?

What is the object sitting center-left in the passenger seat ?

I've got a gas mask and pack on the passenger seat. I'm using the chrome sprue as a template for the angles. I'm not sure whether I want to use the aluminum tubes or sprues yet.

Ah - it's a gas mask . Kinda obvious now :p

.. and some black , crooked- stick thing next to it . ?

Are you keeping the parking brake ? LOL
Nothing says ' commitment ' like a 50 cal atop a pipe ;D

The stick thing is the hose to the filter pack. The .50 is the persuader...no traffic issues!

Heh heh -- I snapped to what it was early this morning ;D

Looking forward to way more !

Ciao

Latest posts

Back