[WIP] Revell 1/48 A-37 Dragonfly

Ferris928

Push button, make rocket go now!

0-start.jpg

I'm gonna build it regardless of how the 'clacked canopy' turns out. :)

Cheers!

I was thinking of that or perhaps some sort of ground fire or something. My 'hope' is that the canopy comes out of the future bath reasonably well, but I doubt it will. So we'll see what hapeneds.

Ferris828 said:
I was thinking of that or perhaps some sort of ground fire or something. My 'hope' is that the canopy comes out of the future bath reasonably well, but I doubt it will. So we'll see what hapeneds.

Awesome entry Ferris! :)

I've always kinda like the A/T-37 ,so your build will be interesting.If I ever get around to build that kit,I'd like to build it as a trainer.

The dragonfly is such a cool looking plane. I'm looking forward to following your build.

Afterburner said:
I've always kinda like the A/T-37 ,so your build will be interesting.If I ever get around to build that kit,I'd like to build it as a trainer.
Of what I understand of the kit so far, it could be done pretty easily (I would think). Perhaps some after market things like decals and such.

JMac said:
The dragonfly is such a cool looking plane. I'm looking forward to following your build.
I've always like the little planes like this and others like the T-4(? JSDAF). Small-Fast-Nimble unlike myself Big-Not so fast-Sort of nimble :)

I'm pretty much planning on doing it out of the box. Detail wise, for being the typical Revellogram kit, the raised detail is quite good. It took me a while to realize that it was indeed raised. There’s a lot going on all over this plane. Hopefully most of the detail will survive construction. :)

It felt good to actually ‘build’ again, not build-paint a few drops, build 1 small piece, paint a few drops again, future, wait a few hours, and so on. I think I’m going to do an AFV for my next build, that way I can spend some good time assembling and not so much stop and go. :0

I didn’t get a whole lot done on Saturday, seats mostly and the front wheel well. Again this plane is a tail-sitter. It also comes with the Revellogram clear post to make it sit up right. Well, that just won’t do. The inner wheel bay for the front wheel is designed so that I can make a hole to insert nose weights and not ever be seen.
I did get manage to do a test fitting of the major parts, not too bad. The cockpit tub is a little wonky on one side, but shouldn’t be a problem to fix. However the fuselage seams are going to be some work, I see plenty of filler going on in my future.

Thanks for checking it out, glad to have you guys following along. Perhaps next time someone will bring some milk and cookies :)

Cheers!

Look for the same kit on Ebay... even started ! to steal the Canopy from it !!!

it's a nice kit and a Good Canopy is a Must !!! don't get tempted to use Rags or other Cover techniques...
this baby screams for a Flawless Canopy !!! you never know !! maybe someone here as one laying around.... I looked everywhere for a Vacuum formed Replacement on line... to no avail...

Good luck with it !!!

This will be cool. I agree with Norm. If you can find a cheap (under $10) kit, I'd buy it just for the canopy. Plus you'd get some scrap plastic to test on too.

It's not flawless, but this is what came out of the Future dip.
DSC01345.jpg
DSC01344.jpg
DSC01342.jpg
DSC01343.jpg
What do ya think?

Front gear well drilled for weight.
DSC01335.jpg

Test fitting and dio base
DSC01336.jpg
DSC01341.jpg
DSC01338.jpg

I still haven't decided on what to do with the canopy. For now, I'm just gonna do up the kit and do the canopy last.
I do have molding-casting materials, if they're still good, maybe I'll cast a new one.

DreamKnight said:
Looking great!

Thanks!
This one Round 2. I did it yesterday with the Testors Acrylic, but the follow on colors for the seats and such didn't want to stick. I'm guessing it was a hissy match between Testors and Tamiya and Citadel. So, today I went over to the closest shop and picked up some Tamiya grays and other assorted things! Spent over an hour talking with the new kid there. It was fun, he's WAY too much into WH40K for my tastes, but fun none the less.

<.<
>.>
<.<
o_O

40K is a sickness that can only be spent by spending lots of money or having bad experiences at RT tourneys.

Great build so far.

I did some looking on Ebay, found a ‘new’ kit for 15.00 plus 11-something for shipping. Ah... no way! Other than that, the online shops I frequent don’t have it in 1/48, so I’m out there. Also, I’m not too much in the mood to put more money into this kit. I managed to find my Micromark mold materials, I just need to now, find the clear plastic stuff. Or perhaps find some new stuff. So if I can find some, I’ll try to mold a new canopy.

But for now, here are a few pix of my status. I’m really jonesing to get into the WOMW ‘armor fest.’

DSC01358.jpg
Nose weight added and glued. A few of the buggers are loose and rattle around.

DSC01359.jpg
I drilled out the antenna holes on the rear wings and upper section behind the canopy.

DSC01362.jpg
Point at which I’m at now.

Thanks for checking out.

It's turn out great regardless. Just giver' then jump into the armor fest. Well don't rush it, there's time for a couple or 3 builds in the GB.

Latest posts

Back