[WIP] Monogram 1/48 - Ju 87 Stuka

Battle of Britain - Air Superiority: Nerd Herd Group Build

Hey Guys,Great to see a few more getting in on the act!, I got a bit done this weekend so im in primer, Still trying to find some decent decals for the Ol' Bus.Im trying to get some colour on this weekend coming ! Paul...

DSC04929.jpg

My Me109 has a piece that goes into the canopy behind the pilots head. The directions call it armour. It was on the clear sprue and I can't tell if it supposed to be painted or not. Maybe just the edges? Does any one know?

If it's what I think it is shark, yeh. The front is the color of the cockpit and the sides are the color of the base coat. Not too sure, can you take a pic of it?

Hey Shark
I think it's supposed to be same colour as the cockpit interior. Take a look at these (google image search);

http://www.ww2shots.com/gallery/d/6550-2/me109-cockpit-ww2shots-air+force.jpg
http://www.luftwaffe.cz/images/grunberg2.jpg
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal7/6301-6400/gal6314-Bf-109-Kontiveis/01.jpg

The scan below is from a book I have here at home on the Luftwaffe. It's an artist illustration of a 109, sorry it's the best I got. Lots of 109 photos but none are clear as to what is behind the pilots head...

[attachment deleted by admin]

JMAC the dry brushing looks great! And thanks JMAC and Dream night, that is the plate I was talking about. I couldn't find any pics on my own. You guys rock!

Hey Chung, Mate great build log so keep up the good work , Im just waiting on some aftermarket gear & should get some paint on the Stuka this weekend coming so il' post some more pics soon. Paul...

Hey Guys,Finaly got a bit more time to get some more done on the Stuka last nite, Seat belts are in started some plumbing & radio sets ! . Paul..

DSC05174.jpg

DSC05175.jpg

Hey Guys, Got some more time tonite so i hit the paint shop & made a start on the decals has well its been a very productive weekend Downhere!!!! Paul....

DSC05255.jpg

DSC05252.jpg

DSC05259.jpg

DSC05261.jpg

Now THAT'S a pretty bird. :) I gotta jump on one of those later. You hath inspired me! :) Can't wait to see it all finished up :)

Speedster, that is sweet.

Very nice, Paul! And that's the old Monogram Stuka, isn't it? Well done!

Hey Mac, Mate the pack are coming along just great Bud. Finally got a bit more done myself this week canopy painted & a bit more weathering done!!! Paul....

DSC05150.jpg

DSC05148.jpg

DSC05149.jpg

DSC05151.jpg

Nice Speedster, looks really good.

Are you the first one done?

Na Bud still got heaps to do yet!!!! Paul...

The shading at the bottom looks awesome speedster!

That is a lovely rendition of that model and I might add, not as easy a build as it may seem. There are points in that old Monogram kit that fight back. You have done a simply lovely job of an historically important aircraft.

Thanx Guys, It must be time to finish up on this one & get a new build on the go hey Guys!!!! Paul....

I love it speedster! You're doing a great job.

Latest posts

Back