[WIP] 1:72 Hasegawa VF-22s (Macross)

Oh and the backing paper has to be removed. :D

Here is a picture a little lower, so you can see the three points of contact supporting the model (kind of like the stand Grendels made for his Akira Class USS Thunderchild build).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks. I was originally planning to try and cut it out on my scroll saw, but we had some time available on our laser table, and our tech just loves out of the ordinary projects. :)

Quick update - I'm working on the decals - seems like alot of very small decals.

JMac said:
Quick update - I'm working on the decals - seems like alot of very small decals.

Take your time. You still have a few weeks left. ;)

Jingles.

Christmas break is short and the WiP pile is tall. Besides, now I've got inertia.

You're right - momentum (mass times velocity)

Things in motion tend to stay in motion, things at rest tend to stay at rest. Inertia is resistance to a change of state (at least that's how I understand it).

<chuckling> Right now I'm in motion and hoping to keep it that way. :)

Still working through the decals. I think I was overly optimistic when I budgetted an evening to finish them off. I'm finding that I can only place a few then I have to let them sit and dry, or I end up moving them by accident as I handle the model. Also if anyone is planning to get this model - the black decals that go on the wings and over the exhausts do not react or readily soften to the Microset and Microsol solution I use. In the end I just gave up on those decals after a couple of attempts, and just brush painted the areas with Tamiya semi gloss black.

Did a little more tonight, then it was off to the kids Christmas concert (it was great).

Pictures and more of an update soon.

Thanks for the views and comments.

JMac

JMac said:
You're right - momentum (mass times velocity)

Things in motion tend to stay in motion, things at rest tend to stay at rest. Inertia is resistance to a change of state (at least that's how I understand it).

<chuckling> Right now I'm in motion and hoping to keep it that way. :)

You got it right, that is inertia. Another way to look at inertia is mass, the more massive an object the harder it is to move. Inertia is really resistance to motion or resistance to changes in motion. You are using one of Newtons laws of motion to describe it. ;D

Grendels said:
Another way to look at inertia is mass

Well then, according to my wife, I not only have inertia, but I'm gaining inertia like crazy... ;D

The Queen is done. :)

I'm just trying to take some good pictures of the plane to post. Until I have a little more for a reveal post here she is...

[attachment deleted by admin]

From what little you can see there it looks like she came out well. Can't wait until you post the final pics. ;D

JMac said:
Until I have a little more for a reveal post here she is...

Looking way awesome!

As far as pictures go, the one you provided is good enough for this thread. Save the good stuff for your reveal thread! ;D

Jingles.

Latest posts

Back