Wings & Wheels show!

collin26

Yesyerday, I finally had the chance to chat with SCALE MODEL ADDICT'S very own ScaleModelMadMan and many other exceptional talents at the "Wings & Wheels" model show in Chikopee Mass. What an exceptional talent!
Just want to encourage you to attend next year as this show was loaded with excellent models and a good time was had by all.
A BIG congrats Rob "ScratchMod" for "Best In Show" & to all of the others who earned well deserved praise from the Judges.

Scott....should have slipped the bus driver a $20 to get him to stop at the show!! Would have been passing right by!! LOL

I had so much fun, I needed a full day to recuperate. ;D

I think Iain, ('Collin26' up there) forgot to mention his two gold medals that he won. Rob, 'Scratchmod' won a few golds and of course the best of show Iain mentioned as well as a *silver.

*note: the silver was for a model entered that said right on the entry form "this is a work in progress". Yup, Mr. Scratchmod can enter an incomplete model and still grab a silver! 8)

Truth be told, the best part about the show was hanging out with all my club buddies. We had a table with a few of our vendor members. I even sat next to Iain for a bit and did some painting while we talked about modeling stuff. I scored some Modelkasten tracks for the cheap and even got myself a free kit. (which will be my entry in the SMA big spring contest.)

Here's a photo of the three monkeys during the awards, Rob wasn't sleeping in the picture but I did for half the ride home. ;)

THREEMONKEYS.jpg

Congradulations to all of you. I wouldn't expect any difference. You are fortunate to have people nearby to share the hobby with. If it wasn't for forums alot of us wouldn't have anybody to share with.

Congratulations and well deserved I'm sure.

I have to agree with noname - it sure is great that we can all hang out here.

Latest posts

Back