Wingnut Wings

kiwi gav

Hi I was wondering if anyone has built a "Wingnut Wings" Kit of any type or has reviewed a kit. Thinking of getting one when I go to the "warbirds air show" in Blenheim next easter weekend, The Weta Workshop built WW1 aircraft Museum is there also.
I really should know more as I live 116km(72mile) from Peter Jacksons Museum and 211km(131miles) from Wellington where the kits are designed. I have heard they are extremely detailed, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Sir Peter.

Gav

Every kit I have seen reviewed from Wingnut (WWI 1/32 only) is top of the line, and you pay for it. Everything you could want is in the box. I haven't seen one in person yet though. But, strictly comparing 1/32, I wouldn't turn my nose up at Roden kits either. In WWI 1/48 it's impossible go wrong with Roden or Eduard. So as I was rambling on, I forgot to say, go take us some pictures and share them! ;) 8) ;D

Some good kit reviews on Hyperscale, they look awesome man.

Gav, you should be the first to buy one and post your review here... ;) hint hint. PJ doesnt do things by half measures

Wingnut Wings are probably the top reviewed kit manufacturer of WW1 aircraft subjects. I've been wanting to add some of their kits to my collection for some time now. They are well researched, engineered, documented and detailed. Problem is they are pricey and only produce 1:32 scale kits. The scale is not usually a big deal as typical WW1 aircraft are not really that large. Other manufactures (I like Roden, Eduard, Gavia) have some very nice kits of similar subjects, in a wide range of scales, at a much lower cost; but the instructions, fit, and level of detail likely will not be up to Wingnut Wings level. Not to say that the other guys can't be built up in to beautiful models also...

When it comes to WWI aircraft models, no one tops Wingnut Wings.
They are expensive but you get your money's worth.

How many times you've spent top $ for a kit in a fair sized box just to find when you open the box that the contents is mostly air? The sprues would have fit in a box 1/2 the size they came in.

With Wingnut Wings, you get a box crammed with sprues to the top (and sometimes the sides as well).
I can't say enough about them.

Hmmm maybe I should make a video......
;D

I've only heard great things about WW. I don't even build WWI stuff and I want to get one of their kits.

You wont reget getting one :) they are the best . If you are on Facebook there is also a WingnutWings group (which I am a member off ) where you can pick up plenty of tips and advice ,Also Ushi is doing some really nice wood grain decal which takes away the pain of tring to paint it .

Chris.

Cheers guys, I will really have to save my pennies. I am hoping that they might have some specials at the Omaka War Birds Show. I will take photos for sure, better save some pennies for that also.

Gav

Latest posts

Back