Willys Jeep WIP

Dano1945

Almost done with construction on my first build in many years. This is the time tested Tamiya kit. Detailing next ;D. Look forward to trying ScaleModelMedic's wash weathering and pigment/mud application then ScaleModelMadman's tarp rolls.

[attachment deleted by admin]

How detailed do you want to get?

I have a 1946 Cj2a, they are not quite the same but close enough that unless you are in the know you would never know. (rear axles is different, I have a tail gate the MB does not). If it would help you out, I'll post up some images that may help you super detail your jeep.

Hey that would be great. If you have time a couple shots of the engine and under the chassis would be very helpful. Thanks!

http://img26.imageshack.us/g/23560374665719236765729.jpg/

If these don't suit exactly, the jeep is 4 minutes away. These were mostly from my recent motor swap fiasco.

Beware that my jeep is converted to 12 volt electricals from the factory 6 volt system, The Generator being replaced with a delcon alternator, and my jeep does NOT have the oil both air cleaner that should be under the hood. Ignore that conical paper filter as it does NOT belong. The glass thing is the fuel pump, there is a fuel pump that does not have the glass filter, BOTH were used, like wise there are two different carbs images, again BOTH were used. On the drivers side are brackets for the civilian soft top, these are not correct for a MB.

makes me weep to think of all these (mostly) perfectly serviceable jeep were scrapped like this right after the war.

And mine, cost $500, repairs $2000 or so counting the top, tires and brakes, springs, wiring harness, windshield frame, wipers, safety glass seat belts. Aggravation, constant but worth it. How can something so darned simple be so complex and contrary is beyond me.

Dano1945 said:
Almost done with construction on my first build in many years. This is the time tested Tamiya kit. Detailing next ;D. Look forward to trying ScaleModelMedic's wash weathering and pigment/mud application then ScaleModelMadman's tarp rolls.

Looks good, great kit to start back up with too!

This is exactly how I got back in the hobby..... With the MB jeep. At the time, the italeri kit was the norm. But you have the Cadillac of all kits.

About the left over jeeps! They were not all destroyed! Far from it!
In France, the Hotchkiss Co. Went thru a large amount of left overs and wrecks and undertook to rebuild them to specs..... Which in turn became known as the Hotchkiss M201 jeep. They served in the French Armed Forces for a long time after the war..... A long time. Even the Panther tank saw service in the French Army.....

Good luck with the jeep, looking forward to your next update....

Cool! Im working on this kit right now too! It is also my first build in a long time. Keep us posted on the build. Ill try to get some pictures of what Im working on posted.

My first auto/armor kit ever. I did an excellent job on it as far as I got but it shattered into a million pieces thanks to my cat trying to mark it as hers.

Plan on getting another one soon.

Here's a pic

25768_1318241995930_1227170643_30933049_1211632_n.jpg

Too bad about the model! It looked good!

I have cats to! But they only play with the sanding sticks.... They leave my models alone!

Hope you can fix it? Someday!

Jeeps used to be my favorite subject about 16 years ago! I built about 10 different styles....

Lots of potential there!

Norm. Out

Latest posts

Back