Who's been busted????

adampolo13

So, I took Tbaggers lead and decided to clean the mancave/workspace. My wife came in to see how it was going and caught her first glimpse at how my stash of kits has grown. That in itself would have been okay if she didn't see all the A.M. stuff that goes with it. My stash isn't very big, only 6 kits at the moment. So I got busted!!!! Who else out there has been busted and what excuses have you used? ;D

LOL...hell I get stuff every order I bring in for the shop pretty much....running out of room (literally, my room is full!) to hide it in plain sight! LOL

lol my one trys and says why do you need so many. i say because i want them :)

6 is far too easily counted. Get a room full, and then getting the new ones undetected is easy-peasey. ;)

My wife generally doesnt care, because if I'm home making models. I'm not out drinking and driving, being a danger to myself/others/our marriage. She does get somewhat irate when I go over my alloted "hobby" budget. She's also going to be slightly upset if she see's the ACOG scope I have delivered on Monday before i can sneak it away into the depths of the storage rooms ;)

TBadger, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a "hobby" budget. Yay. Now I feel like I have a little support group. 12 steps for the Scale Model Addict or something... hahaha

LOL if i had a budget i wouldnt have a woman because she would be told to F.. you get the idea. if i see somit i want ill get it simple as, and my woman supports my building.

but the one thing she does hate is when i spend 2 or 3 grand on a camera lens ;D

When I first met my wife, and I pulled out a model kit to work on it, I got a roll of the eyes, the whole boys and their toys attitude.

Then she saw what actually goes into building and finishing one, and having a background in oil and acrylic canvas painting, she was interested.

Her first kit was an AMT X-Wing....which is actually still in the box, as she discovered the wonderful world of figures, and the rest is history. Of course like most of us, she doesn't get as much time to build and paint as she would like.

Now when she sees something new, still, she just rolls her eyes. She did however give me money for my birthday to cover a new compressor for airbrushing. Still sits in the box of course! LOL

spud said:
LOL if i had a budget i wouldnt have a woman because she would be told to F.. you get the idea. if i see somit i want ill get it simple as, and my woman supports my building.

but the one thing she does hate is when i spend 2 or 3 grand on a camera lens ;D

You need a girl like mine who is into cameras.....

The only comment I get is that she needs a new dress for every model.

Grendels said:
spud said:

That is So Funny !!!! LOL

She want my Stash to Dwindle so she can use the shelves for more Xmas Decorations.... Yeah right !
She owns 2/3's of the Walk in Closet I built !!! so... I take down the boxes.. and pile up the Sprues... in bags in plastic bins... that way the stash can still grow somewhat... but soon I'll have to do a garage sale !
So old junkers have to Fly away to better homes to make room for Newer and better Kits...

or maybe I could recycle most into some wicked Ma.K style Drone or something like that ...??? LOL

Take care guys... and don't get caught ! LOL

Grendels said:
spud said:

:eek:

Mine spends more on her three horses than I ever do on the hobby so she doesn't say a word!

Hopefully she wont be too upset when she finds out I ordered a Nikon D3100 with an 18-55VR and 55-200VR Lens.....I wish I could drop 2-3 grand on lenses. LoL maybe the" it's a lasting investment" argument will win her over ::)

lol Nikon are ok the New 3200 has a 24mp cmos sensor not sure what the 3100 has. the 18-55 is an ok lens same with teh 55-200 the 200 will be dead handy tough ;D My last one i bougth was the Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 L II USM cost me €2200 and it weighs a Ton.

john my one loves it she just hates the cost behid it ;D i really need a better flash tough i have a Nissin Di622 and its out lived its usfull ness so time to sneak in and get a decent cannon one :D

D3100 is 14.4, I'm not huge into blowing my pictures up too much so 14 is plenty enough. I'm just looking for quality enough to do some long exposure moonlight shots without alot of noise and it seemed the Nikon suffered less from picture noise according to snapshot dot com

I've been trying to get rid of a Canon Rebel K2 Film SLR.....It's never been used. Wife had it from college. Her old boytoy bought it for her and she just put it in a camera bag and let it sit LoL

Nikons do handle high iso pretty good. i tend not to go over 1600iso where possible but even higher on my 5D MII is Bloddy awsome. ive seen some of the new Nikons iso at 7000 and its bloddy insane how sharp they are

Elm City Hobbies said:
She did however give me money for my birthday to cover a new compressor for airbrushing. Still sits in the box of course! LOL
Nothing wrong with that. I keep mine in my box so that it doesn't get damaged moving things around it, and it keeps the cold air out of it so that I don't have to worry about rust getting inside it. I've had it in there since I bought it new several years ago. I've used it I don't know how many times, but I store it in it's original box - a plus in case I have to move I know where it is. ;)

I don't have that many kits now, but I don't have to worry about being "busted" as I don't live with anyone else that would disagree with my hobby. I'm only collecting the ones that I miss. My mothers' ex had a neice that would come over and play with me, but one time she destroyed a few of the models I built. I just gave up, and threw them away! :mad: I won't be collecting those again.....

AS for me, I don't have the problem you guys have since I'm single.
The last gf I had lasted about two weeks, when she made the mistake of commenting that my hobby would have to stop.

However, I wish I was as lucky as Grendels is (having someone that shares and supports your interests is Golden!)
:)

Latest posts

Back