When haters strike.

B

Black Sheep 1

So, to the guys (and gals, if there's any in here) that do videos on YouTube, how do you deal with the haters?
What is it with haters? They have nothing better to do?

How I deal with it is simple, I have my videos set up to allow comments but they must be approved.
That way it discourages the idiots from posting.
However, today I got a very interesting post that I approved and responded in kind.
Why did I approve it? Because I know who it is. This person is a member of another board who went on to criticize my video reviews. He went on to create a new YT account just to attack little ol' me (ain't that sweet?). Now how do I know it's him? Because he's complaining of the same issues he did on his post on the forum and is upset that he can't "dislike" my video (as if his opinion matters).

So what I'd like to know is how do you handle these people.

I know one of our members here was attacked not long ago over a video he did.
Don't get angry, just laugh.

i would just laugh it off and in the process ask him to show me how to do it better if it worrys him so much.

Its a sad but true fact that some people just cant find anything better to do in their lives than try to bring down others .In my experience ,these people just dont have the intelligence to do something creative ,or maybe its just to much like work for them ? .....Sad but true !

Chris.

As long as something exists, there will be haters of it.

In this case, the person wanted to know of any fit on accuracy issues. You can review it however you like. If you aren't concerned about accuracy then don't bother reviewing the accuracy. He can count the rivets on his own. In-box reviews rarely ever deal with fit. That can only be done while building it, but again, this is an in-box review. He's lucky enough to even get a review in the first place. He calls the review "just terrible" just because it doesn't "address any fit issues or issues with accuracy."

130021081692.png

Haven't had a problem with it yet.
But I'll leave them pretty much alone rather than feed their troll-ness when it happens

I just delete their post. They go away pretty quick when you do that.

No post = no troll food.

Simple, I don't. ;D

I could are less what some faceless entity thinks about me or my output. :p

Just ignore them.

Hmmmm...
Ignore
Ignoramous
Same root word? Nah, couldn't be. ;)

haters-gonna-hate-joseph-ducreux-edition.gif

Seriously though, I miss the days when the internet wasnt full of whiney self entitled folks and those who have nothing better to do but try and be funny by saying blatantly derisive things about others' works. :mad:

This is a subject dear to my heart.
I actually haven't had this problem on my YouTube page, But I did run into it over at another forum who's initials are Starshipmodeler.com.

While I can appreciate the talent out there, there are some who tend to believe that their opinion is worth their weight in gold and offer up unwarranted opinions on the quality of my work. One took it upon himself to go on about the incorrect color of my model and even the quality of the pictures of my work in progress.

But whenever it does happen, I tend to confront them directly. I offer up my own negative criticisms about their lack of knowledge for the English language, and even criticize their criticisms.
On the flip side, I do love to get constructive criticisms from knowledgeable colleagues. It's how we learn and how get better, but I can't abide those A-holes who simply throw out their baseless negative comments with poor grammar skills...and most of the trolls out there write like seventh grade drop outs.

To quote the great Erykah Badu: "I'm an artist, and I'm sensitive about my $#!T"

So to wrap this up, I'm not afraid of trolls, and I have no problem pointing out their own deficiencies. Whenever trolls come knocking, they better bring their A-game with me cause I don't back down and I punch back even harder and amazingly grammatically correct.

IMO haters are usually lowlifes which are not able to make things so they feed their egos by criticizing other peoples work (be it modelling, youtube videos etc...) because anyone who knows how much work you have to do to make a model, or youtube video or anything constructive in your life would never criticize other mans work like that. Maybe there is another explanation for their behavior and it has probably already been described by Sigmund Freud (if you know what i mean :D). It's ok to give constructive critics like "i think it would be better to move that camera to the left, so we can see better" or "you should put gloss cote over decals to prevent silvering" (random 2)...

How to deal with them? Arguing is just getting down to their level and it's unnecessary loss of time and energy and you won't change that person, but you should definetelly say something... Like:
tumblr_lezj3w3mGW1qb6t6wo1_500.jpg

Hahaha. Ok guys, that's just my opinion. Samurai i hope you won't judge my english as it's not my native language, haha, just kidding, shoot if you want. ;) ;)

Cheers.

You need to get a thicker skin and learn to tune them out. Ignore/delete them like was mentioned. Seriously, say you're playing a video game and keep dying, but you're having a blast playing. Then some guy comes along and says you suck. Do you stop playing pack away your game and slink away? Or say FU, and ignore him and keep playing? Same thing for models. Actually, same thing for everything.

Black Sheep 1 said:
So, to the guys (and gals, if there's any in here) that do videos on YouTube, how do you deal with the haters?
What is it with haters? They have nothing better to do?

How I deal with it is simple, I have my videos set up to allow comments but they must be approved.
That way it discourages the idiots from posting.
However, today I got a very interesting post that I approved and responded in kind.
Why did I approve it? Because I know who it is. This person is a member of another board who went on to criticize my video reviews. He went on to create a new YT account just to attack little ol' me (ain't that sweet?). Now how do I know it's him? Because he's complaining of the same issues he did on his post on the forum and is upset that he can't "dislike" my video (as if his opinion matters).

So what I'd like to know is how do you handle these people.

I know one of our members here was attacked not long ago over a video he did.
Don't get angry, just laugh.
Do you know who this person is? I mean tell the rest of us, or PM those interested (me) so we can watch out for them> I don't watch youtube that much anymore since it was taken over. It's too bad that some people can't just watch from the sidelines, and make everything into a contest, or pissing match to make themselves feel good. :-\

Latest posts

Back