What would you like to see as a model kit?

LrdSatyr8

I started this thread several years ago on the RPF and thought I would start it up again here. For years I have waited and waited for so many model kits to come out that just never did. AMT/MPC made most of the Star Wars kits that we still use today, but there were so many ships that I would love to have seen been made from Star Wars that just never came out... for example... Jabba's Sail Barge or the Landspeeder that Luke rode around Tattooine... I know there have been alot of resin garage kits that have come out to fill these little gaps but they are few and far between and usually end up costing a fortune. So... tell me... What have you always wanted to see as a model kit and have waited and waited for but it has yet to be made?

The Executor class Star Destroyer.
Would like one of these in styrene at a decent size without breaking the bank.

The USS Discovery from 2001/2010.
Always wanted a good model of this, but never had the patience or budget to tackle the resin kits that are out there

Quaralane said:
The Executor class Star Destroyer.
Would like one of these in styrene at a decent size without breaking the bank.

A good sized Executor (and matching scale Star Destroyers to go with it) is my wish too. An Executor that's about the same length as a 1/350 scale IJN Yamato battleship ought to do it. I wish Star Wars capital ships got more love in styrene.

I would like to see a ADZG Armoured car, done as a regular production item in 1/35. I know there is a Chek or Polish or Russian company doing a short run of them (1000 units I think) but I would like to see one of the mainstream "big boys" do a run of it. And more soft skins and wheeled vehicles in general.

Subhuman1 said:
I would like to see a ADZG Armoured car, done as a regular production item in 1/35. I know there is a Chek or Polish or Russian company doing a short run of them (1000 units I think) ...

I Just finished that kit. A full build article will be in issue three. ;)

Okay... here's a list of models that I came up with so far that would be awesome to see as kits... lemme know if you all agree with these....

1. Alexi Leonav from 2010
2. Johnny 5 from Short Circuit
3. Gunstar from The Last Starfighter
4. Project Crossbow from Real Genius
5. The Robot and the Zorgon Ship from Zathura
6. Chromed Naboo Ships from SW:Episode 1
7. Valley Forge and Heuy and Duey from Silent Running
8. Event Horizon ship
9. Whispercraft from 6th Day
10. Any of the craft from Minority Report
11. Blockade Runner from SW:Episode IV
12. Any ship or droid in the Star Wars movies that was on the screen for more then 3 seconds. (The rest of the pod racers, the speeders, the cars that Obi-wan and Anakin were in while chasing the bad guys on Corusant, the Probe Droid, the Diner Waitress bot, Sandcrawler, T-16 Skyhopper, full size versions of those stupid little snap together kits that were prepainted, the Trade Federation command ships, the list goes on and on)
13. The ships from Galaxy Quest
14. The classic Dune ships (All of them)
15. APC Robot and the flying bike from Judge Dredd
16. Stargate ships... Destiny, Atlantis, puddle jumper, all of them!
17. All the ships from Farscape... Moya #1
18. All the ships from Flash Gordon the Movie
19. The RLS Legacy from Treasure Planet
20. The Eagle 5 flying Winnebago from Spaceballs, and any of the other ships
21. The Axiom and a bunch of the robots from Wall-E would be cool to build
22. The NSEA Protector from Galaxy Quest
23. The Prawn Mothership from District 9
24. The Serenity from Firefly
25. All of the ships and vehicles from Avatar
26. the Andromeda Ascendant
27. The Locomotive time machine from BTTF3

I'm sure there's more... let's see what else we can add to this list! :)

LrdSatyr8 said:
Okay... here's a list of models that I came up with so far that would be awesome to see as kits... lemme know if you all agree with these....

1. Alexi Leonav from 2010
2. Johnny 5 from Short Circuit
4. Project Crossbow from Real Genius
5. The Robot and the Zorgon Ship from Zathura
6. Chromed Naboo Ships from SW:Episode 1
8. Event Horizon ship
9. Whispercraft from 6th Day
10. Any of the craft from Minority Report
12. Any ship or droid in the Star Wars movies that was on the screen for more then 3 seconds. (The rest of the pod racers, the speeders, the cars that Obi-wan and Anakin were in while chasing the bad guys on Corusant, the Probe Droid, the Diner Waitress bot, Sandcrawler, T-16 Skyhopper, full size versions of those stupid little snap together kits that were prepainted, the Trade Federation command ships, the list goes on and on)
13. The ships from Galaxy Quest
18. All the ships from Flash Gordon the Movie
19. The RLS Legacy from Treasure Planet
21. The Axiom and a bunch of the robots from Wall-E would be cool to build
23. The Prawn Mothership from District 9
27. The Locomotive time machine from BTTF3

I'm sure there's more... let's see what else we can add to this list! :)
All right.
Agree with some of these as well.

LrdSatyr8? The NSEA Protector was put out a couple of years ago by Pegasus Hobbies.
I know, it's hanging from my ceiling right now. :p

LrdSatyr8 said:

I have number 3, 7 some of 14, one of 16, and 20. The others on this short list can be found on Ebay quite often. One seller sells the Gunstar, the Winnebago, and Moya on a regular basis. They use to sell the Huey, Duey and Louie robots as well.

The others on this short list I have seen on Ebay from time to time. Fantastic plastic sells 25. I recently saw a lot of number 16 somewhere, but don't remember where.

Most of these are resin kits, so they can be a bit expensive....

Since the original question isn't restricted to sci-fi subjects, here's my standard list for FineScale's occasional kit polls:

1/700 ships:

USS Langley (CV-1), USS Ranger (CV-4) and USS Wasp (CV-7)

1/48 aircraft:

Fieseler Fi-167, the Germans' purpose-designed torpedo plane
C-46 Commando (I always wished Monogram would have brought this out, when they issued the C-47 when I was a kid)
Curtiss F9C Sparrowhawk

1/32 aircraft:

Curtiss F11C Goshawk
Curtiss SBC

1/20 sci-fi:

I'd like to see Kow-san bring out a 1/20 Nutrocker and Dollhouse, and 1/20 versions of the armored walker kits, like the Greif.

Other sci-fi:

I'd like to see an injection-molded kit of Serenity. Not likely to happen, though.

Grendels said:
I have number 3, 7 some of 14, one of 16, and 20. The others on this short list can be found on Ebay quite often. One seller sells the Gunstar, the Winnebago, and Moya on a regular basis. They use to sell the Huey, Duey and Louie robots as well.

The others on this short list I have seen on Ebay from time to time. Fantastic plastic sells 25. I recently saw a lot of number 16 somewhere, but don't remember where.

Most of these are resin kits, so they can be a bit expensive....
Yeah I've seen a few kits in resin... like the Gunstar... but a lot of times they are limited runs and are expensive as all get out or extremely small and not worth it. I'd like to see actual plastic kits made. I realize some of the kits (like the NSEA Protector) have been released since I came up with this list like 5 years ago, but still there are a lot of them that have yet to be made. I enjoy the Sci-fi kits most, but I don't mind seeing stuff like tanks and planes and ships and stuff either. I know there are a few Car models I'd like to see as well... like the '78 Chevy Luv truck... or the Plymouth Laser... just a lot of kits that would be nice to have.

I have to update my previous post, because I just found out over at Hyperscale that Mike West (Lone Star Models) is working on a 1/48 Sparrowhawk kit.

I also forgot to include two other aircraft I'd like to see in 1/48, the B-18 Bolo and the B-32 Dominator. I have seen a couple of projects online to scratchbuild the B-32, I think the size of the completed model would be between that of Monogram's B-29 and their B-36.

Here's one... Why don't they make good Chopper motorcycle kits? I mean sure you see like the new Honda's and Suzuki's that are all sleek looking, but you never see a Harley Davidson low rider... or for that matter... why don't they make any ATV 4 Wheeler kits? As popular as those things are, you'd like there would be a few kits of them somewhere.

Latest posts

Back