What now ?

cobraleader

G'Day All,

Now that the Online Comp is over, what is everyone planning to work on now ?

Over here in Australia, I'm looking forward to the local Hobby Expo in August.

Have a number of projects that were put on hold for the duration of the Online Comp.
I'll be working on Macross YF-19, Iraq Dio and Modified NCC-1701A Enterprise.

Well, I have an 18" Enterprise T.O.S. AMT/ERTL that I have assembled, and painted. I want to do some detailing and weathering, and then I need to decide on how I am going to handle the decal situation. I am going to make it into the "Republic" James Kirk's first ship.
I have a Klingon D-7 Cruiser from T.O.S. AMT/ERTL. It is all assembled and painted. I have a better idea for weathering and discoloring on that, and then put on the small number of decals. :)
I also have a "Cut-A-Way" Enterprise that I have been working on. It was quite an undertaking filling the gaps, and sanding it dowm to make it smooth. I am not building it as a cut-a-way. Unfortunately one of the Nacelle domes is in 2 pieces, and I would like to acquire another complete one.
And, other than that, I have a garage, closet, storage unit, and a half of an office of stuff to choose from. :D

I've got an F9F-2 Panther and an F-4B Phantom II to finish for the IPMS/USA Nationals the first week of August. Oh, and the Revell Spirit of St. Louis for an in club contest the 4th Thursday of this month. Not to mention the 4 or so other kits that are almost complete. Most are waiting for paint. :)

Well I need start one for the IPMS Philippines Nationals this coming October, maybe I start with a F-22 Raptor, step out of my comfort zone... or soft skin armor, which ever comes first to finish.

Gundamhead said:
What now? I build more, or should I say, still. 8)

Build More !! Build More !!

I'm gettin ready to get back on a Diorama of Wittmann's last Day. As He converses with 12SS Pz. Gren. before moving out on what will be his last Day on Earth. This will also have many more figures than are pictured here. I'll be adding at least 8 more figures !!

The Title of th Dio - Wittmann's Last Drink. There will be Michael Wittmann conversing with some Pz. Gren. & some Guys standing around an Artisan Well ( the Centerpiece of th Dio) refreshing themselves before moving out. It's part of a Group build over on Modelers Alliance. It's supposed to be finished by September .... FInger's crossed !! ;D :eek:

MonroePerduGB.jpg

i have a little plan i want to ask scott about, but im still thinking it over.

I am working on finshing some smaller kits. some 1/700 subs, a salamander, flying sub, predator drone. Once those are done i am debating on my next build. just picked up the mobius moon bus, and space plane. might do one of those. also have the revell y wing that i want to build up and custom paint. Will probably be doing that for the orlando hobby show in october.

So, these are two of the projects I currently have underway.
There are some more, BUT I am just going to focus on getting these two done first!
The Constitution class will be the "Republic".
Just need to do detailing/weathering, and decalling and they will be done!
Now I am off to celebrate Independence day!
;D

Republic1.jpg

Republic3.jpg

Republic5.jpg

Republic9.jpg

KLINGOND-74.jpg

KLINGOND-76.jpg

KLINGOND-72.jpg

KLINGOND-73.jpg

I'm getting back into builds that have been sitting unfinished for far too long. That CC-130 and the Me 262.

I put the bath on tonight and, while I was waiting I put together the SA3D Jerry Pilot (Yes, as quick as that!!!) that turner sent me a couple of weeks ago. Plasticweld is a magical thing... ;D
As I was checking out the finishing model I noticed a pod-like thing from my bits box that I'd build ages ago...and another thing that suddenly fit the pod-thing with the piiot and...
...away we go again with the kitbash/scratchbuild... ;D

Scrap said:
I put the bath on tonight and, while I was waiting I put together the SA3D Jerry Pilot (Yes, as quick as that!!!) that turner sent me a couple of weeks ago. Plasticweld is a magical thing... ;D
As I was checking out the finishing model I noticed a pod-like thing from my bits box that I'd build ages ago...and another thing that suddenly fit the pod-thing with the piiot and...
...away we go again with the kitbash/scratchbuild... ;D

You forgot to turn the water off and flooded the house because you got into building? ;D

Latest posts

Back