What-if? DAK Hetzer

Unreality

or Jonathan if you prefer
I recently finished a DAK inspired Hetzer, from the Academy (early) kit. I added friul tracks, jerry cans and rack, stowage, and a spare wheel. And of course, I had to throw on extra track wherever I could. The barrel is from RB, and I replaced the schurzen with styrene. I was impressed at how easily it went together. Way to go Academy.

It was painted in a faded dark yellow scheme. My camera over compensated for the yellow, so I had to desaturate...which made it kinda dull looking. I may need to go back and reshoot, but you can get the general idea.

hetzer_dak8.jpg
hetzer_dak1.jpg
hetzer_dak3.jpg
hetzer_dak5.jpg
hetzer_dak6.jpg

More photos here: http://rebelscale.com/models/military/hetzer_dak.html

Enjoy!

This is quite interesting I was thinking the same idea about a hetzer in the Afrika Korps the other day. I must say turned out great now I want to build one ;D Great Build ;D

Chris

Thanks for the comments. It's actually dustier than it looks....again, camera troubles.

modelerchris521 said:
This is quite interesting I was thinking the same idea about a hetzer in the Afrika Korps the other day. I must say turned out great now I want to build one ;D Great Build ;D

Chris

Thanks man. I thought of a few things after I finished it, so maybe you might want to include them:
-- rack of helmets along the side
-- more tools on the rear plate
-- ammo trailer (would look sexy on a Hetzer...yes, I said sexy).

By the way, I have all the Academy tracks left over. If you aren't going Friul and need extras, let me know. And if you are going Friul; they are wider and taller than the kit tracks. I had trouble with the rear spare track bars and the drive sprockets.

Thanks Unreality If I need any I will definitely contact you ;D
by the way are the tracks the length and link type or the individual type?

Chris

modelerchris521 said:
Thanks Unreality If I need any I will definitely contact you ;D
by the way are the tracks the length and link type or the individual type?

Chris

Link and Length....decent detail....some inner injection marks to deal with. Most wouldn't be seen if you put all the schurzen on. Speaking of, the schurzen is a solid piece for each side, so you can either slice it into threes or trace it on some styrene.

looks great for a "What if" the only thing i could add is that it could do with more weathering, sand is a very caustic thing and plays havoc with paint but the rest of it looks great, nicely done!

Thanks man. It actually has a decent amount of dust and oil fading...it's just hard to see since I had to desaturate the photos so much. I may add more dust later though. It could use another layer or two.

Latest posts

Back