What happened?

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
Where did everybody go? Is it just me or did activity all around suddenly drop off after the contest?

I think they are still around, but taking a break till the kids are back in school in a couple of weeks.

Jim

I haven't posted that much at all over the past year, its just complicated life stuff keeping me from building all that much, I still obsess over the hobby and check the forum everyday.

Works crazy for me at the moment so I don't really have time to post/model.

nicholassagan said:
Is it just me or did activity all around suddenly drop off after the contest?

It's like that every year aint it?

"OOOOH a chance to win free stuff, let me active all over the place"

~months later *crickets*

This time of year is just busy for everyone, with work, school starting and other such fun. Just give it a bit and people will be back.

For me, yeah, a slight decompression after the BSC, that and my job sent me to a new worksite, 70 miles from home, so driving 140 miles a day is a real asskicker and time sucker... But I'm still at the bench when possible.

I've been checking in on threads, but pretty inactive at the modeling bench lately and on the forum. Trying to finish off a ton of stuff at work was my life from early May to about three weeks ago. Then I was on holidays with my family, and just a bit burnt out from work. Now I'm back, got some builds on the bench and a year long leave from the office. I still will have the "honey do" list to contend with, but I think I'll be building to my hearts content.

Its summer!! gotto mow the lawn swim in the pool , play golf... rip out 3 tons of weeds just to turn around and see 3 more tons just grew back...

I just plain took the whole summer off from models. Can't justify staying indoors when I have a new mountain bike that needed to be ridden all summer long. It was truly a fantastic summer, no ragrets.

Now that fall is here, I'm gonna try to get back to the bench!

In between working on my Falcon I've put together a quick pirate ship and am working on a floating version of the Speeder Bike that is coming along nicely. Will post pics when I get the chance.

Still here and checking in often. Still doing tweaks to my printer to dial it in so not much time to make progress on my primary projects.

I was kinda wondering the same thing.

No groupbuilds...
Front page still asking to vote on entering the 2015 competition...

Seems to me that a lot of the energy that used to be here has gone.

Sorry for beeing so quiet my friends, i have work on the same comission build for à long time.. I havé to post updates about the tumbler ;D

Latest posts

Back