What do you listen when you're building

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
We have seen other modelmakers beards and work areas, but I was wondering what my fellow nerd herdees listen to whilst they transform plastic. I listen to a little bit of everything, but right now this is a favorite (I'm a grunge fuelled generation X'r).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE9YUWC9Itc[/youtube]

Hmmm... I'm not a huge music listener. I'm usually watching something instead or playing WoW or working (Waiting for things to be done like stress tests... etc.)

I love music but don't listen to much when modeling. I just get into a zone and go.

I cant model without music playing i like alot of indie rock i've been really into the new album by this band called Beach House the album is called teen dream im pretty much obsessed with it at the moment i also like alot of underground hip hop

I think Seinfeld is hilarous - the one where George is trying to combine all of his favorite things into one activity cracks me up everytime.

@Mr. Natural - I'm going to check out Beach House when I'm building today. I love youtube.

I always have music on - I'd be too tempted to stop building, then go and watch TV if it was on.

Interesting.

JMac said:
I think Seinfeld is hilarous - the one where George is trying to combine all of his favorite things into one activity cracks me up everytime.

LOL! One of my favorite episodes.

I just listen to my favorite rock station. I set up a desk near mine where my 15 year old daughter can use her sewing machine, so we can work on projects at the same time. So I also get to listen to the latest Junior High gossip.

Hey Shark, is that a classic rock (Led Zep) or modern rock (Rage against...) station?

I would say it's mostly modern rock. They promote "if it rocks, we play it" So there is a lot of older stuff as well.

I always have the tunes playing when I'm building, helps make the other distractions less distracting. No one style though. I listen to lots of hard/heavy rock as well as some classic rock, and I also enjoy country and the blues. But no TV. Way, way to distracting for me.

I need something playing on my headset to keep the mind ticking over when modeling and painting .it tends to either be podcasts that are gaming history or RPG related,folk/metal from all over the world very little of which is in English,not that things like that matter much these days since a translation isn't that hard to find.and its more about the mode anyway .

Also listen to a lot of 30`s 40`s music ,i like to call it radio operator music lol Just think of all those WW2 films with the guy listening to the radio and making a nice cup of tae, before being shot or having some other nasty thing befall him and your not far off the mark.

Painting a pair of Hetzers at the moment listening to this sorta thing .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPHoxlubfA8&playnext_from=TL&videos=Q_ZL7yX_rv8

Currently Listening to Them Crocked Vultures. If you like rock and roll check these dudes out.
All's I got to say is John Paul Jones on bass.

Ipods looping Fugazi, Pixies, Yea, Yea, Yeas, Fu-Manchu, Elliot smith and the soundtrack to The Life Aquatic.
A little of my own stuff too ;) I like Varity!

either music play list on you tube or Pandora, I have also been known to listen to history or military channel videos or war movies.

Latest posts

Back